what are YOUR opinion on this new arizona imagration law?

i would like to know BOTH sides of this fight

Favorite Answer

FACTS are there are more illegals that are criminals coming over than decent people.

We spend 338 BILLION A YEAR on them and they put nothing back into it.

The following information IS compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:

* 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.

* 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.

* 75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

* 24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

* 53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

* 50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

* 71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes".

* 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

* 63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

* 66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

* 380,000 plus “anchor babies” were born in the US to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens.

* 97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers

And we haven't even touched food stamps, subsidized housing, medicare/medicaid costs, education costs (including special bilingual teachers and extra police to patrol the halls), traffic problems, etc., here.

And what's the positive side? NOTHING! THEY say they are hard workers...they might be ..the ones that come here...but they dont' go for good jobs because they know they are criminals and here illegally. THEY ARE CHEATING us and that is ok with them. IT IS NOT FOR ME! THEY ARE ILLEGAL FOR A REASON! Decent people come legally and pay their way...they dont' lie and cheat and steal from our country! YES THEY STEAL ..that is why they cost us 338 BILLION A YEAR!

Do you think that's good enough?

AS FAR AS PROFILING..what is wrong with it? NOTHING! THERE IS EVEN A JOB CALLED THE PROFILER...they use it all the time..and everyone else does to an extent too.

call it what you want....but dont' act like we don't do it. WE DO and so do the ones that complain about it.

I just had to fill out a I-9 form to prove I was a citizen..nothing wrong with that. I didn't mind at all. THEY should all do that. Why does homeland security want MY information and complain about illegals?

I think that it stems from a lot of anger and frustration at the failure of the federal government to do the job of securing the border. I think that there are very good reasons for that anger and frustration. Illegal immigration is a huge drain upon Arizona in many ways, more than I think people who don't live here really *get*.

A word on the "boycotts": I think it is absurd and is more about garnering favor during an election year than anything else. California doesn't want to spend money in my state? Fine. Stop buying our electricity then, and deal with the brown-outs in LA. But California only wants to boycott when it's not going to inconvenience them. So I'm calling BS.

But I don't like this law. I think that it cannot be enforced without racial profiling and I racial profiling has been judged unconstitutional before. The wording of what is "reasonable suspicion" is very vague and it puts law enforcement in a position where they need to make a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" judgment call.

I also don't think that it's right to infringe upon the rights of LEGAL immigrants. Two of my children are legal immigrants. They are not Caucasian and speak with an accent. My oldest son is my biological son, who is Caucasian and speaks with an accent. Two of my children will be more likely to be asked to show their identification than the third. Why? Because two of them aren't white! But they shouldn't HAVE to show their identification under some vague notion of "reasonable suspicion". That's a violation of their civil rights. And I get REALLY steamed when people suggest that my children should just take one for the team. They shouldn't have to do that.

I would rather that SB1070 required EVERYONE to show proof of citizenship/legal residence, rather than putting the police in a position to have to decide who to ask (and we all know that they aren't looking for Canadian illegal immigrants!). I don't think it's going to pass the Constitutional test and I'm very annoyed that instead of actually looking at the harms caused by illegal immigration, the rest of the world just points at Arizona and screams "Racist!".

It effectively made any honest debate and discourse on the subject a taboo.

Source(s): Lots of thought on the subject. Arizona resident.

I'm towards unlawful immigration from any nation, no longer simply Mexico. We do not have a correct to violate the borders of different nations, and they do not have the correct to violate ours. There are tons of folks in the market who immigrate via authorized channels, and unlawful immigration is a slap within the face to these folks. Untold quantities of our tax bucks move in the direction of giving unlawful immigrants unfastened wellbeing care. They receive drivers licenses from sanctuary towns. They get inexpensive coverage for his or her license, then they cancel it, and so they thieve the stickers off of the automobiles of different folks to seem legitimate. They get social safety numbers and advantages from the federal government. When the federal government presents them amnesty, they reap the correct to vote, and so they vote in additional politicians who will do not anything approximately the border. The stages of unlawful immigrant similar crime in border states are ridiculous. They do not give a contribution to the tax base. They ship nearly all of the money they earn right here again to Mexico. They are Mexico's finest supply of sales after oil. Something demands to be performed approximately this challenge, and I'm inclined to peer how the Arizona legislation performs out. Maybe its the correct resolution. Maybe its no longer.

Wow! To "THEBLUNTUGLYTRUTH" you are a f***ing idiot that doesn't know a thing about the AZ Immigration law. A police officer cannot pull someone off the street and ask for their papers - Now THAT would be Racial Profiling, you Moron! Get it through your thick skull that "It Is Illegal to Be Here in the US Illegally" Illegals do not have the right to be here illegally, entiendes? Each and every one of them knows that they're committing a crime. They're not that ignorant. And for your information, if a police officer racial profiles, the person can file a law suit on that specific police officer. Whoever says that the Arizona Immigration Law is "unconstitutional" is a complete dumba** who doesn't know anything about the law. Go online and read the law yourself. There will be under no circumstances racial profiling, got that??!!

I don't live in AZ, and they are free to make their own laws. If it came to my state, I would support such a law. Some people say it's racist. Those people are wrong. The law does not mention race. It simply gives police the power to question people who have already broken the law (i.e., traffic stops, and any other encounter with police) about their immigration status.

You won't get both sides of the fight. They the illegals don't have a legal leg to stand on. they have no civil rights because they are not citizens. CASE CLOSED. and as they said in argentina 'seig heil'

It Stinks to High Heaven & was done for Political gains by the Politicians who passed it. When we start tearing at Our Countries "fabric" with "fights" like THESE, then we put Our Future in the Hands of Our Enemies... :(

Source(s): The Big Picture.
  • ?

my opinion is all states should have this law. even though i get tired of being racially profiled as a drunk driver weaving in traffic.

Its awesome.

If someone commits a CRIME, the police can check if they are in the country illegaly.

Very simple really.

Illegals should have nothing to fear as long as they dont commit (another) CRIME.

My opinion is: IT'S ABOUT STINKIN' TIME!!! Way to go, Arizona!