Spiritually asking...what does a rest mean?

If a kid refuses to sleep during nap time, are they guilty of resisting a rest?

How do you keep your arrest? or is that ahhhh rest?

Update:

(((giggles))....hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

LOL, here you go; re means bind to or do over, st is the state of being, bind to state of being, who is really the tired one ? LOL.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

A rest to me is no other than a time of sleep. All other times, even when 'at rest', is not 'rest' when i still need to be conscious about something.

I would be all delightfully screaming to myself like "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh rest" -- once i get to get my full 'arrest' from the restlessness of my job.

*A kid refusing to sleep during nap time? Yeah, guilty of 'restsistance'... hahahahahah!

Source(s): ***SMILES***
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Funny... I was thinking about the same thing the other day.

"Give it a rest", the expression, means "stop undesired behaviour" also.

To "put someone to sleep" means to kill them, if that has any relevance,

but I can imagine a policeman saying "there was a killer on the loose, but dont worry, he's under a rest now". He "gave it a rest". Like saying "he's asleep, so nothing to fear now".

Strange how breaking up this word has alternate meanings relative to it...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

We live then in the time of Sabbath fulfilment. We are privileged to live in a time of greater revelation and spiritual opportunity than those who have gone before us. Am I implying by this that believers today are better than all that went before? Can we say that we are ahead of Moses, David, Isaiah, Peter, Paul and John because we were born later? Absolutely no. Everyone knows this is not so. Simply we live in a time of greater revelation and opportunity. Men of the spirit and of God in ages past have lived beyond the revelation of their time; while men of the flesh today, whatever they claim, may be ignorant of God’s most fundamental dealings. Some in every age and place simply take the spiritual opportunities they are given. Others go further and reach forward and outwards beyond their time and surroundings. Others neglect their privileges and trust blindly that they are Abraham’s children and all will be well.

Enoch lived so near the beginning of history and yet was a wonderful man of God. He was a man who walked with God, and was not, because God had translated him. Moses lived physically at the beginning of the age of law. In spirit can we doubt that one who ruled so wonderfully over God’s people was living in the age of God’s kingdom?

We cannot by-pass six thousand years of history in our experience, and immediately enter God’s Sabbath rest. Spiritually as well as physically, I believe, God’s children pass through infancy, childhood and adolescence to maturity. We cannot by-pass the law at Sinai, the wandering in the desert, the conquest of Canaan, the victories of David and Solomon, the captivity in Babylon and move directly to the birth of the Son of God. We cannot omit the old covenant and go straight into the new. We must labour for six days before we can enter our Sabbath rest.

Can you rest when you are not tired? When aging grandparents arrive at your house after a long journey you fairly soon ask them if they want to put their feet up. When a healthy young teenager arrives at the door in the morning, you’d hardly offer him the bedroom! Rest is for those who have worked hard and are tired. How well those beautiful words of Jesus apply, ‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest’ (Mat 11:28).

Once again chapter 4 of Hebrews helps us understand. Verse 7 reads, God set a certain day, calling it today: ‘Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts’. In the end it is only when you hear the voice of God for yourself that you can receive any blessing from him. But when you hear his voice you must respond. Verse 11 says: ‘Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest’. The pathway to rest is labour, not sleep.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

After the explosion the rocks cooled for multi millions of years. Then it rained on the rocks and created oceans from which life forms crawled out of and developed into everything from cockroaches to people leaving all with therefore no worth whatsoever,

• 10 years ago

Lol. Very cute.

A rest is usually something someone does when they need a break from in life.

After all, all work and no play or all play and no work makes both man and child crybabies.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"If a kid refuses to sleep during nap time, are they guilty of resisting a rest?"

Yes, that's what the night stick is for.

• seth
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Ahhh rest....indeed.! Awe Rest : )

What a wonderful and refreshing thought.... to rest in the Lord : )

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass. Psalms 37:7

Arise, O LORD, into Your rest; You, and the ark of thy strength.

Psalms 132:8

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; Isaiah 11:2

Have a restful and refreshing day in the Lord's great peace and love and joy dear sister : )

(((Karen:)))

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

lol

cute

i love nap time personally

but not always am able to nap

yet i still find that im well rested

Source(s): ((peace))
  • 10 years ago

Hahaha HA!

Resisting a rest.....Hahaha that was prime!

I always resisted a rest in kindergarten .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.