Is it true that white people get the most abortions?

I am sorry if i offend anyone. I don't want to!

I am very sorry if i do but today i was talking to my friend and she said she knew a girl who was pregnant.

So then i asked her if the girl is a getting an abortion.

My friend said yes.

& then she said something that really surprised me she said "ofcourse she has to! She's white & white ppl always get abortions".

I just want to know.

I want some facts or something if this is true!

Plz don't take it in a wrong way. I just want to know :(

P.S. i don't believe this is true.

if you say it is true plz explain why.

• odd
    Favorite Answer

Maybe by the numbers, but percentage-wise more black women get abortions than white women. In the US.

"Blacks do, indeed, have much higher rates of abortions than whites or other minority groups. In 2000, while blacks made up 17 percent of live births, they made up more than twice that share of abortions (36 percent). If those aborted children had been born, the number of blacks born would have been slightly over 50 percent greater than it was.

The comparison with whites and other minorities is striking. Whites made up 78 percent of live births, but only 57 percent of abortions. Non-black minorities had 7 percent of live births and 5 percent of abortions. If the aborted children had been born for either group, the percentage increase in the number of children born to these groups would have been less than that for blacks: 16 and 32 percent, respectively.

Data from 1973 on indicate that black women's share of abortions has consistently been at least twice their share of live births.

But not all those babies would necessarily have been born if abortion were illegal or harder to obtain. A number of recent academic studies have found that making abortion more difficult results in less pre-marital sex and fewer pre-marital pregnancies.

Professor Jonathan Klick at the Florida State University Law School and Professor Thomas Stratmann at George Mason University authored a recent study claiming that Roe v. Wade increased premarital sex by as much as 25 percent, because the option of ending unwanted pregnancies through abortion made sex less risky.

In 1973, the year the Supreme Court rendered its Roe v. Wade decision, there were 11 abortions per 1000 women aged 15 to 44. Eight years later, that number doubled for the same group to 22. In terms of the total number of abortions, 615,831 legal abortions took place in 1973; 1,300,760 in 1981.

The Centers for Disease Control recorded detailed information on the race of those having abortions from 1970 to 1981. It shows Roe’s impact on abortions by blacks in the years immediately before and after the decision. The Supreme Court’s decision had the biggest impact on blacks, raising their share of abortions from 21 to 30 percent, while their share of live births only increased from 12 to 15 percent."

White women make up for 60% of abortions, but abortion rate is below minority women Black women are 3 times more likely to have an abortion then a white woman, Hispanic, twice as likely Married women make up 18.4% of abortions

I think that it's more likely that a white women would be able to afford it or be expected to get one by her peers.

~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 17 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.

Abortion: There is a Consensus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUvgo

Youtube thumbnail

• No, I've had 3 abortions this month. I realized that taking care of these chimps are hard after I popped out my first child. In da ghetto we don't go to the doctor to get abortions, I usually use a coat hanger or a broomstick to drag the lil suckers out.

• Baxter

Ive drove whites, blacks, hispanics, asians...all down to planned parenthood at one time or another in my life. But for the most part Id say yes, whites and asians are more willing to do it. The girls always freak out about their future and stuff. Blacks dont do it much because it just comes natural to have kids and get welfare. Same for hispanics, and even worse for hispanics because of it being all taboo with the catholic stuff they got going on.

Yeah they're the majority

yes its true

thats why the only race thats declining is the white race

I guess we do. We dont need welfare checks now do we?

yeah its not really a big secret