Step by step instructions for FREE removal of AntiSpyware Soft.
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap "F8" key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Networking" option and then press ENTER.
2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.
4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Under Proxy Settings, click the Advanced button, and delete the IP address listed there, and press OK. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download SuperAntiSpyware Free edition at http://www.superantispyware.com/ . Perform a quick scan and quarantine everything. It will tell you it has to reboot which is fine to do in normal mode this time.
6. Now back in normal mode, run SAS again, this time doing a complete scan. You should now be rid of this annoying malware. Quarantine anything it finds, and then go to your quarantine log and remove (delete) all quarantined items.
7. Sometimes the trojan that installed this annoying thing also installs a browser hijacker which will cause google and yahoo search items to mysteriously redirect to advertised sites. The only way to get rid of this was with Combofix which you can find at http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe .
Download this and run it (have patience).
8. Many antivirus applications that failed to detect this thing in the first place (I use AVG) become inactivated by the virus and may need to be reinstalled. I recommend a complete uninstall/reinstall to make sure that it's back working again.