Tobasco asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 10 years ago

Removing Antispyware Soft and Antimalware Doctor from Windows XP?

I somehow managed to get infected with both Antispyware Soft and Antimalware Doctor on one of the computers at work. It's seriously messing up our computer, so I need to learn how to get rid of it fast.

I've tried everything I can think of, and everything I could find on the internet. "Removing" the program via Control Panels add/remove programs didn't work, manually deleting it didn't work, and we have no antivirus software on the computer. I tried downloading AVG, but one of the viruses seems to be blocking its access to the internet.

This is pissing me off. What do I do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Step by step instructions for FREE removal of AntiSpyware Soft.

1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap "F8" key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Networking" option and then press ENTER.

2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.

3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.

4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Under Proxy Settings, click the Advanced button, and delete the IP address listed there, and press OK. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.

5. Download SuperAntiSpyware Free edition at http://www.superantispyware.com/ . Perform a quick scan and quarantine everything. It will tell you it has to reboot which is fine to do in normal mode this time.

6. Now back in normal mode, run SAS again, this time doing a complete scan. You should now be rid of this annoying malware. Quarantine anything it finds, and then go to your quarantine log and remove (delete) all quarantined items.

7. Sometimes the trojan that installed this annoying thing also installs a browser hijacker which will cause google and yahoo search items to mysteriously redirect to advertised sites. The only way to get rid of this was with Combofix which you can find at http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix... .

Download this and run it (have patience).

8. Many antivirus applications that failed to detect this thing in the first place (I use AVG) become inactivated by the virus and may need to be reinstalled. I recommend a complete uninstall/reinstall to make sure that it's back working again.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): The Best Antivirus Software - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?vvuJ
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

HERE IS HOW YOU REMOVE

Anti Virus Soft

start the computer in safe mode with net working.

open internet explorer.

click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options

Now click on the Connections tab

Now click on the Lan Settings button

Under the Proxy Server section,

uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN.

Then press the OK button to close this screen.

Then press the OK button to close the Internet Options screen.

Now that you have disabled the proxy server

you should be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.

COME BACK TO HERE (on the infected computer).

the .exe file associations are going to be destroyed so

download this first you will need it later.

Fix .exe : http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/reg/antivirus...

Now

get malwarebytes here,

this is a direct download link

so you should have no trouble getting it.

click on this link ↓ and then select run.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/affiliates/2-spyware/m...

INSTALL IT TO YOUR DESKTOP, update it,

then run a full scan and remove everything it finds.

Now run the Fix .exe you downloaded earlier.

Now do this online scan.

to make sure you have nothing else hiding away.

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/

preferably still in safe mode with networking.

..........................................................................................

How to Start Computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

1. During BootUp process Press F8 continuously until selection appears.

2. Use Arrow Up+Down to select SafeMode with Networking on the selections menu.

3. Hit Enter to proceed.

• 10 years ago

Open Internet Explorer>Click on the Tools menu>select Internet Options>click on the Connections tab>click on the LAN settings button>Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section>press OK.

Then u can surf online.

I had this malware two months ago and used this guide.

And I finally removed it with spyware cease.

Its Online Scan is really powerful.

Reboot ur pc>press F8 into safe mode with network>run Online Scan of spyware cease (it updates every half hour)>remove it after the scan.

Furthermore, it can protect you from future infections.

This site offers step by step removal guide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

AntiSpyware Soft is a virus itself and not a real easy one to remove but it can be done, but you must be able to follow instructions carefully. There is no easy 1-click solution.

Follow this free procedure from the good folks over at the Bleeping Computer Forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remo...

Scroll down to:

"Automated Removal Instructions for Antispyware Soft using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:" and follow the instructions.

Removing Antispyware Soft by using MalewareBytes *should* also remove Antimalware Doctor.

Good luck.

• 3 years ago

a reliable wellness care expert has following factors.. *His social or verbal replace skills with the sufferers which constitutes the two verbal and non-verbal (physique language) verbal replace...As our occupation is an area provider. *He must be a functionality type (a physician who tells his/her sufferers to quit smoking should not be seen smoking exterior the wellness facility 5 minutes after the affected person leaves.. the place's the intergrity in this suitable?) *He ought to have the potential to communicate in a manner the affected person knows (unlikely off on the residences of amino acids... and so on. and so on) as this could come out as arrogance *He, ideally ought to stick to up on his sufferers ... supply them telephone calls to work out how they are doing *The wellness care expert must be prepared to coach!!... this is going alongside very nicely with preventive wellness care. The wellness care expert ought to offer the sufferers the fishing rods, extremely than the fish. If a physician knows the thank you to coach his/her affected person what to do and what to no longer do, the wellness care expert could have the potential to help the affected person substitute his way of life for the extra useful so as that the affected person would not could desire to maintain coming back. *>And final yet no longer the least he must be smart, as much as date, And maximum Of all ethical. Dr Suraj A ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.