Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the Kentucky Senate responding to Rand Paul by passing resolution affirming civil rights?

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/05/28/1284255/ky-sena...

Pretty sad when a state has to pass laws to protect itself from it's own candidates for Senate. Have you ever seen that happen before?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Happy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

... I agree it's sad, and nope, I've never seen it happen before. It's really quiet out there on the Rand Paul front, did you notice? The GOP told him to shut his mouth and lay low. What a sad commentary on your candidate when you're afraid to have people find out what he really believes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interesting. And as for the guy asking about the white guy wearing a sheet, yes the black guy can refuse service, but if he's wearing a sheet how do we know he's white?

But, that's a BS issue. The question should be, should a black business be able to to refuse service to a normally dressed white person. The answer is NO!.

And yeah, I saw that video of the young libertarians asking people if a black business owner should able to refuse service to a KKK member. And they thought they were making a point. BS. They should have asked "... refuse service to a WHITE person" not a KKK member! There's know way anyone can tell another person is in the KKK unless they announce it or if they are wearing a sheet. If that is the case, and the KKK person is refused service, that IS NOT racial discrimination, it is basically the same thing as No shirt, no shoes no service.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I find it ridiculous and reactionary.....Rand Paul's comments were taken out of context and the issue of privacy rights were not even mentioned , but the media chose to narrate a different issue....I guess the issue of race plays better in their ratings so just go with that and forget a discussion on individual property rights.....

• N
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sounds like an official snubbing of the mighty Rand Paul.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

nope, but if the democrats are smart, they'll keep a TV camera and microphone in rand paul's face until after election day. it's only a matter of time before he shows his true colors... again.

and reveals the true colors of the republican/tea party at the same time.

"states rights" is code for "re-enslave the black man! the Curse of Ham was never rescinded!"

• 1 decade ago

Do you think a black business owner should have the right to refuse to a customers wearing a sheet?

I DO.

I'd like an answer to the question and not just a thumbs down.

• 2xJ-58
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That it was passed by a predominately repub legislature. Imagine that.

Source(s): yowwtrftu
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Kentucky Senate, reacting to a divisive comment by Republican Rand Paul, has adopted a resolution declaring ANY form of discrimination to be inconsistent with American values.

Is it inconsistent with American values for a young lady in Kentucky to say no to someone she does not want to date?

Is it inconsistent with American values for Universities in Kentucky to favor minorities for student enrollment?

Is it inconsistent with American values to eat lunch whereever you choose in Kentucky?

Is it inconsistent to choose what property you buy and where you live?

What about price discrimination? Isn't it economic discrimination to deny someone goods or services if they don't have the money to match the price you offer?

This whole thing is ridiculous. Free choice is American as it gets!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.