Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

What type of exorcism can I perform on my house so that it will no longer smell like old person?

My in-laws visited for the long weekend and no matter how hard I scrub, vacuum, dust, mop and steam clean...it still smells like peppermints and Aspercream. It's like their old person stench has permeated the walls. I'm afraid I might need to sell the place, but I can't afford a new mortgage every time they decide to pop in.

Semi serious question....what else can I try to get my house smelling right again?

Favorite Answer

The all mighty clorox ritual! Just make sure to never combine it with the equally effective ammonia ritual The two are NOT compatible The result would remove the smell of old people....but may just add the smell of dead people.

Okay - now for my serious answer Febreeze the hell out of everything! I mean everything..when you are done with that get a you favorite scent of essential oil and a small pan. Fill the pan with water, add a few drops of the oil and simmer it on the stove. I normally use something like cloves (it takes away cooking odors...ya know stuff like fish) Or you can mix it with water in a spray bottle and use it like an air freshener Hope it helps hun. And next time make the old people sleep outside!!!

I've never actually heard of a Jewish family being in that situation so I don't know directly. However, one can always pray -- and Orthodox family prays three times a day & puts up mezzuzah with the prayer to God in it, & brings in Shabbat. Maybe after a while the spirits would feel the love & either take it in, heal & move on...or take off. It is a noisy, busy household. Judaism has no belief in devil, so whatever the energy that wouldn't be the assumption. ============ Sadi the NT stories aren't reflecting Jewish concepts, but rather Christian interpretations & misinterpretations of Jewish concepts. Messanics mentioned by someone else - aren't Jews. THAT'S why their views don't match Judaism. They are evagelical Christians masquerading as Jews to steal our identity & force Christanity onto us. ================= Prince The trick is to start reading Issaiah from the beginning of the story, at least chapt 49. It becomes obvious it's talking about Israel as the suffering servant. Than add correction translations of the Hebrew (such as verbs in present tense instead of future) - & it's a prophecy of something happening at the time. Not even that the child born to the already pregnant young maiden (not virgin) is special, just a symbol that all is well. Your the 8th answerer so your comment to the 8the answer I dont' understand. Those "few" changes are the significant ones. For instance, there isn't the word pierce in the Hebrew. The whole sin read is a Christain reading of it. It's not in the context of this question so I won't put out more - but if you ask on YA - there are folks here who can give details. Doesn't mean Christianity is wrong on OT - but that it is mistaken to tell Judaism what we're mistaken on OUR books.

Get some Febreeze and spray it daily in the air and on your furniture and curtains. Smells permeate the fabrics

There's no point trying to clean th house. You need to thoroughly wash the old person ...in lye soap and eucalyptus before allowing them entry. Sorry love but that aroma of mouldy bum and shed wrinkly skin is in your upholstery and drapes for ever now.

Torch the joint and we'll split the insurance cheque.

You have to play some of that loud, bawdy Devil's Music -- I'm thinking anything newer than Dinah Shore. Even the Partridge Family would do the trick.

Source(s): Oh, semi-serious -- if you or your spouse are a smoker, then maybe try smoking a pipe with something flavorful in it.

Buy two dogs and in a month, old people smell will be the least of your problems.

Just ask for a standard exorcism (it should also cover smells) and tip the exorcist 20%...

You need to host a party for college students. Then it'll just smell like booze, pot, cigarettes, and sex.

Plus you could take advantage of me, and I'd pretend not to remember.

Source(s): To be serious, febreeze works very well when misted every half hour or so for a day

Burning incense would erase all smells immediately.

Or you can use oil warmers :)

Source(s): Pagan

Tomorrow night Orgy Night at your house. We'll have that place smelling right in no time.