Why do some Americans continue to ?
Why do some Americans continue to make excuses for Obama because they find it easier to blame Bush for something that was done 18 months ago rather than blame Obama for something that he is doing now ?
Why do some Americans continue to make excuses for Obama because he is black and therefore must be excused for everything because any criticism of his policies must be racially motivated ?
I am not for or against Obama because of the color of his skin
I oppose Obama's policies
I would love to see Dr. Alan Keyes, PhD in Governmental Administration from Harvard University or Bobby Jindal , Rhodes Scholar Governor, elected President or VP and both of these men are men of color.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Americans continue to make excuses for Obama because they do not look at things objectively.
Obama's First Six Months' ....... Accomplishments
1. Offended the Queen of England.
2. Bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.
3. Praised the Marxist Daniel Ortega.
4. Kissed Socialist Hugo Chavez on the cheek.
5. Endorsed the Socialist Evo Morales of Bolivia.
6. Sided with Hugo Chavez and Communist Fidel Castro against Honduras.
7. Announced we would meet with Iranians with no pre-conditions while
they're building their nuclear weapons.
8. Gave away billions to AIG also without pre-conditions.
9. Expanded the bailouts.
10. Insulted everyone who has ever loved a Special Olympian.
11. Doubled our national debt.
12. Announced the termination of our new missile defense system the
after North Korea launched an ICBM.
13. Released information on U.S. Intelligence gathering despite
of his own CIA director and the prior four CIA directors.
14. Accepted without comment that five of his cabinet members cheated
their taxes and two other nominees withdrew after they couldn't take
15. Appointed a Homeland Security Chief who identified military
and abortion opponents as "dangers to the nation."
16. Ordered that the word "terrorism" no longer be used and instead
refers to such acts as "man made disasters."
17. Circled the globe to publicly apologize for America's world
18. Told the Mexican president that the violence in their country was
because of us.
19. Politicized the census by moving it into the White House from the
Department of Commerce.
20. Appointed as Attorney General the man who orchestrated the forced
removal and expulsion to Cuba of a 9-year-old whose mother died trying
bring him to freedom in the United States.
21. Salutes as heroes three Navy SEALS who took down three terrorists
threatened one American life and the next day announces members of the
Bush administration may stand trial for "torturing" three 9/11
by pouring water up their noses.
22. Low altitude photo shoot of Air Force One over New York City that
frightened thousands of New Yorkers.
23. Sent his National Defense Advisor to Europe to assure them that
US will no longer treat Israel in a special manner and they might be on
their own with the Muslims.
24. Praised Jimmy Carter's trip to Gaza where he sided with terrorist
Hamas against Israel.
25. Nationalized General Motors and Chrysler while turning shareholder
control over to the unions and freezing out retired investors who owned
their bonds. Committed unlimited taxpayer billions in the process.
26. Passed a huge energy tax in the House that will make American
industry even less competitive while costing homeowners thousands per
27. Announced nationalized health care "reform" that will strip
of their Medicare, cut pay of physicians, increase taxes yet another $1
trillion, and put everyone on rationed care with government bureaucrats
deciding who gets care and who doesn't.
Bloomberg: Daschle says, "Health care reform will not be pain free.
Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age
instead of treating them," while former Colorado Governor Dick Lamm
seniors have "a duty to die."
If this does not sufficiently raise your ire, just remember that the
President, Senators and Congressmen have their own special gold plated
health care plan which is guaranteed the remainder of their lives and
are not subject to this new law if they pass it.Source(s): My Reality the above was just in the first six months.One should be able to connect the dots for the last 12 months if you look at the truth objectively.. Mandating health insurance for every person and employer is a stunning example of the abuse of power that the Constitution was designed to prevent. Congress never had the authority to pass this kind of legislation in the first place!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Try putting politics aside for a while and look at things objectively.
The economic meltdown began on Bush's watch in 2008, and TARP was approved at that time. The FY 2009 federal budget was approved while Bush was president. Therefore, any shortcomings or successes related to these must be attributed to Bush.
Many decisions made by governmental agencies will have a lasting impact, far beyond a particular administration. Even the best-intentioned, hardest-working, most efficient administration cannot change things overnight. Most of the decisions that were made that allowed the recent mining disaster and the recent oil spill were actually made under rules and regulations and bureaucrats who directed by Bush policies.
Political reality has to be faced also. If Obama pledged to close Guantanamo in a year, but Congress has refused to provide the funds, it is unfair to characterize this as an "Obama lie." One might complain about his laid-back leadership style and failure to twist arms, but it isn't a lie.
Obama is not an innocent lamb, and he has made mistakes, such as appointing the moderate Ken Salazar to head the Dept of Interior instead of a liberal environmentalist. But that doesn't let Bush off the hook for his many mistakes and intentional efforts to sabatoge the government. 18 months is really a short time when it comes to changing the way things are done.
Perhaps you are sincere when you say you oppose Obama's policies but not his race or skin color. But that doesn't mean that the majority of Tea Party members or other Obama critics are not racists. Remember, Rush Limbaugh didn't say, "I hope his policies fail," but "I hope HE fails." And Rand Paul didn't say, "90% of the Civil Rights Act was so important that I would have voted in favor of it in spite of my oppostion to 10% of it." Sarah Paliln didn't post a dart board on her web site, but a gunsite.
So just try to look at things objectively.
- Annamarie .Lv 71 decade ago
Possibly the same reason the Republicans made excuses for Bush, because they found it easier to blame every past democratic president (Clinton, Carter, etc.) from years ago, rather than blame Bush for something that he did then.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
That's a really racist thing to say, frankly.
As to Bush, well, what he did he did. It took a decade to clean up Hoover's Great Depression, why would we expect Obama to eliminate Bush's Great Recession in less than two years? That's unrealistic, particularly given that the measure that would do the most to quicken the end of the recession -- a second stimulus -- wouldn't get through Congress.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I'm not saying all criticisms of Obama are racially motivated.
But when you're calling him a Kenyan Muslim, and holding up signs like this, I will call you a racist.
- 1 decade ago
Blaming one politician for the state of a country is like blaming one cigarette for cancer.