What can you do to deal with noise?

So I live in a townhouse style university residence and this dic khead living in the townhouse beside mine plays his shi tty bass music EVERY SINGLE NIGHT from about 10PM to 8AM, this is driving me insane, I simply can NOT sleep with it playing. At first, I banged on the wall, which didn't do much, he'd... show more So I live in a townhouse style university residence and this dic khead living in the townhouse beside mine plays his shi tty bass music EVERY SINGLE NIGHT from about 10PM to 8AM, this is driving me insane, I simply can NOT sleep with it playing. At first, I banged on the wall, which didn't do much, he'd pause his music for about 20 minutes--until I would just begin to fall asleep, then BAM! shi tty music again. Yesterday, I left a note on his door with an copy of the "quiet hours" my residence have. He stopped for a night and then tonight...well, it's 2:52 AM right now...so...5 hours to go....
I don't think complaining to the housing department would do anything, they would probably say to turn the music off blah blah blah, but I know that wouldn't do anything. So what do I do????!?!!!!! GAHHHH
Update: thank you all for suggestions, however, it is 4:48AM now and I am considering getting subwoofers of my own, when he stops his music, I will start mine. You keep me awake, I'll keep you awake. I know it is extremely bad for everyone, but oh it's such a tempting thought! btw: THE SKY IS TURNING LIGHT... show more thank you all for suggestions, however, it is 4:48AM now and I am considering getting subwoofers of my own, when he stops his music, I will start mine. You keep me awake, I'll keep you awake.
I know it is extremely bad for everyone, but oh it's such a tempting thought!
btw: THE SKY IS TURNING LIGHT OUTSIDE AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY SLEEP