1. get rid of the stupid books and get more credible ones made by our own great minds. no need for imports there, right?
2. give teachers a damn raise. that way, they aren't just happy, they also won't sell snacks for grades and college students would be encouraged to take up education courses.
3. sanitation. HAVE YOU SEEN A BOY'S COMFORT ROOM IN A PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL??? even the cr's in state colleges reek (except up diliman... i know. i took the upcat there last year.)! you can't study well with a full bladder or a constipated intestine!
4. lessen the student to teacher ratio. 1 teacher:50+ students? How about 1 teacher:70+ students? that's gotta change.
5. sex ed? maybe... but why don't they just focus on science, or math, or english?
6. quality check for teachers. i remember in elementary, everyone gets something near 15-20 of 50 items in the quarterly exam in MSEP. that's because our teacher didn't teach us anything! i remember getting 12 out of 50 one time (and i'm from section 1!). when the card came... BAM! 82! the schools should replace the teachers using the "roleta" grading system!
7. they might want to better teach some subjects. like religion and values. i remember our religion class in elem was just bible stories. because the students don't just need to be smart.
8. finally, make the children realize that their time is worth going to school! many just want to go to internet cafe's or corner arcades... so what do they do? they skip classes. if the teachers help them realize the worth of education, they might want to put off DotA or MvC later and sit in class.