Question regarding safe use of Beta blocker and ace inhibitor blood pressure?

I've been taking a beta blocker and ace inhibitor to slow heart rate and keep blood pressure low to treat my cardiomyopathy. My question is after this time is it taken full affect on my body as it safe to take these as regularly schedueled as i have been even if my blood pressure is at 100/58? I guess my main question is about how these drugs work ultimately. Is it from pill to pill? Or is it that taking these pills for a month now put my body in a general state, and taking the pills at this point is just maintaining that state? Is there a blood pressure range that would be considered unsafe to take the pills? For example i take coreg twice daily, once in the morning at 9, and once at night at 9. Supposedly coreg lasts 7-10 hours, yet my blood pressure is still low 12 hours later. As i said, 100/58. Is it still safe to take the next coreg? Will the next coreg maintain that 100/58 or push it even lower?

• Aziz
    Favorite Answer

dnt worry , the drugs are maintaining ur bp, you will have to continue the drug unless your doctor advise otherwise.

Source(s): doc