Anti-Depressant Celexa (Citalopram)?

I was just started on Citalopram at the start of the year... First 10mg then 20 and now I am at 40mg.. I have researched and studied all the side effects as far as I can tell and it seems to be working. Well kinda I think. Here is whats going on. While the negative emotions have been "dulled" it seems as... show more I was just started on Citalopram at the start of the year... First 10mg then 20 and now I am at 40mg.. I have researched and studied all the side effects as far as I can tell and it seems to be working. Well kinda I think. Here is whats going on. While the negative emotions have been "dulled" it seems as I am emotionally dead at the same time. let me explain what I mean.

The feeling of wanting to hurt myself is no longer there but at the same time the feelings of love and joy at the same time are seeming to be killed at the same time. At this point its almost as if I just exist. This make since.

My Dr. said it may take some time to figure out dosing and or the right medication. But I felt I would bring this out here for more input as well from others that have hopefully gone through this process before. So that I may better understand as well.

I have another appointment with my Dr in a week and will clearly discuss this with him though as well

Thanks for any help