can some one explain what jehovah's witness's believe?

I would like more detail answers, I only know a little, the woman I work with is Jehovah witness minister, she does not push her religion at work I would like to know a little more, but I don't want to ask her, as I am afraid I will be sought after for a conversion. I know they don't do holiday's, but don't know why that it is, Jesus, is a prophet, and respected but not considered a saviour, again I am confused. any enlightment from anyone?

well I wanted detailed explanations and I am certainly getting them thanks everyone for your responses!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I was a JW for 26 years but left 7 months ago. Long story. I'm not disfellowshipped or disassociated btw.

Main reasons I don't like them much or agree with the WT's teachings are these:

1 They have their own flawed, altered version if the Bible (the NWT).

2) They interpret scriptures to believe that the accepting of blood into their bodies in ANY way shape or form is wrong in God's eyes and therefore do not allow transfusions (very controversial especially when they allow their children to die rather then giving them blood)

3) They interpret scriptures to believe that "shunning" someone (they call it disfellowshipping) who has sinned unrepentantly or someone who chooses to leave the religion is a scriptural practice ordered by God. It is a despicable practice with no scriptural basis.

4) See above, this "shunning" practice tears families apart and gives their religion a bad name.

5) There have been numerous unfulfilled prophecies spanning back over decades, and numerous unfulfilled dates for Armageddon. They claim to have a "faithful and discreet slave" a body of men who receive divine direction from Jehovah God. If this information truly is from God, why have they got it so wrong, again and again and again?

6) They label an "apostate" anyone who chooses to leave the religion for reasons like mine or someone who disagrees with the teachings, decides to research from outside sources etc. They need to look up the definition of what an apostate really means. It means someone who is against God and someone who lies, or deceives. That isn't true in the majority of cases of ex JWs.

7) They are aggressive and insulting on the Internet (YA is a good example).

8) See above, they are blatantly warned constantly by the WTBTS via talks and publications to AVOID religious discussion websites, yet YA Religion and Spirituality is over-run with them. This is yet another example of their hypocrisy.

9) They preach Christian love and forgiveness yet will shun those or "mark" those in the congregation who are deemed to be "bad associates" and avoided like the plague.

10) They are programmed to believe anything that is Anti-JW (however credible) is from "Satan the Devil" and will run a mile from it. Another word for this is brainwashing.

I am not lying or exaggerating. I was a JW, I am aware of how they work. I am not an apostate either, although I've had insulting emails from alleged JWs on here calling me that, and that I'm going to "die at Armageddon" and I'm a "filthy, uneducated liar".

So much for Christian love!

They do not have the truth, as they claim, and anyone closely examing their doctrines and beliefs can see that. But they are brainwashed to think otherwise and nothing you can say will change their way of thinking. It's very very sad.

I'm 100 times happier now I've freed myself from them. If I were you I would run a mile.

**FYI, "Yahoo Answers" doesn't know me, my background, or has any evidence to prove I was "never a JW." He merely says that about everyone who disagrees with the cult's teachings.

EDIT: I have plenty of evidence to support my claim of being an ex JW, and can and will provide it if requested.

BTW, you can ignore "Tara"'s comments too. She isn't a JW and isn't recognized as one, as you can see. And in answer to her accusation, I can confirm that I don't "surf apostate websites."

Source(s): ex JW
    • Mayflower
      5 years agoReport

you don't explain to anyone, let alone the Jw. Trust in Jesus True God will clear all your doubts. Pax

• Diane

They do door-to-door preaching. They do not believe in doing military service or blood transfusions (even in a life-death situation). They limit contact with non-witnesses. The leadership of Jehovahs Witnesses believes to be the sole visible channel of Jehovah. Jehovah is God's biblical name in English and they believe he is the only true God. They believe Jesus was God's first creation and that he died on a stake not a cross. Satan is the ruler of the world, he was once a perfect angel but fell from grace. This is why they choose to be quite tight knit and divide themselves off from secular society. Witnesses teach that humanity is a sinful state. One can release themselves from this because Jesus shed blood which meant payment/atonement for our sins. 114,000 Christians will go to heaven. The rest could live for ever in an earthly paradise. They believe that when you die you are in a state of no consciousness. You hope for life after death which will come if God resurrects you, after Armageddon.Armageddon is a battle where Satan unites the kings of the Earth against God's appointed King, Christ. Unlike many Christian groups, Witnesses believe that the 'Antichrist' is not an individual, and that the war is not one of nations fighting against one another. Hope this helps.

• hugg

Jehovah Witness Religion

Here is a list of some beliefs held by the cult and what true Christians believe.

JW cult.....The Father alone is the only true God “Jehovah.”

Christian......Jehovah God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit. – Matthew 28:19; Isaiah 48:16; Zechariah 2:8-11; 11:13; 12:10; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; John 1:1-3; 20:28; Hebrews 1:8

--------------------------------------…

JW cult.......Jesus is the created Archangel “Michael.”

Christian.......Jesus is not created. He is Almighty God. – Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 7:3; Isaiah 44:24 c.f. John 1:3; Isaiah 48:12 c.f. Revelation 1:7-8, 17,18; 2:8; 22:12-13, 20

--------------------------------------…

Jw cult.........Jehovah raised Jesus from the dead in an angel “spirit body,” devoid of His human body.

Christian.........Jesus raised His physical body from the dead, fully human and fully God. – Luke 24:39; John 2:18-22; 10:17-18; Acts 17:31; Philippians 2:5-11

--------------------------------------…

Jw cult......God’s “holy spirit” is an impersonal force.

Christian........The Holy Spirit who is God is also a Person. - Romans 8:27; 1 Corinthians 2:10-11; Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 2 Corinthians 3:17

--------------------------------------…

Jw cult..........Jesus is not the mediator for all mankind, but only for 144,000 people.

Christian.......Jesus is the mediator for all who place their faith in Him. – 1 Timothy 2:5-6

--------------------------------------…

JW cult........Heaven and the born-again experience is only for 144,000 Christians who lived from 33 A.D. – 1935A.D.

Christian.........All believers are born-again and enjoy eternal life in Heaven – John 3:3-7; 1:12; 1 John 5:1; Revelation 7:9-15; 19:1

--------------------------------------…

Jw cult...........Survivors of Armageddon will rebuild the earth to make it into a Paradise during Christ’s 1000-year reign.

Christian.........After the 1,000-year reign of Christ, God will completely destroy this present universe and recreate a new heavens and a new earth. – 2 Peter 3:7, 10-13; Revelation 21:1-2

--------------------------------------…

Jw cult........The human soul ceases to exist at death.

Christian...........The human soul survives death into eternity. – Matthew 10:28; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23-24; Revelation 6:9-11

--------------------------------------…

Jw cult.........Hell does not exist as a place of torment, but is symbolic of the common grave.

Christian.........Hell is eternal punishment – Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43, 47-49; Luke 16:22-29; Revelation 14:9-11; 20:13-15; 21:8

God Bless!

Thanks for asking. We believe Jesus is the son of God. He was sent for us. (Mat 16:16, 20:28)

We consider him our saviour. Jehovah God is his Father (John 17:3).

For accurate information about us you check this link. It's quite detailed too.

Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are They? What Do They Believe?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

If you want more info, you can ask your co-worker. We will be glad to answer your questions using the bible. Pls ignore the rude comments about us. It would be wise to see for yourself what we really believe.

Let's see how many "thumbs down" I get for this one!

It is good that you came here for answers because if you ask only the JWs they will tell you they are not a cult and that everyone else is lying.

One fellow says asking non or ex Witnesses about the Watchtower is akin to asking Nazis about Jews! This is rather extreme since Christians don't "hate" JW's as Nazi's hated Jews; they feel sorry for them because they are following a man-made religion instead of Jesus Christ who spoke and the universe leapt into existance. But seriously, if you were thinking of working for a company and you wanted to make sure it was a good company to work for, would you ONLY seek the opinions of those who currently work there and are apparently happy? Would it be fair to completely disregard any negative comments at all from anyone who used to work there?

Have you ever heard of a "self-fulfilling prophesy"? If you begin a "free Bible study" with the members of the Watchtower organization, they will "love bomb" you and be super sweet and nice and tell you that anyone who says negative things about the Watchtower (including your friends and family) are actually controlled by Satan and therefore opposed to "God's true organization." After planting this little piece of information, they hope that eventually you will run into some opposition from your friends and family regarding the Witnesses and remember that they told you they were controlled by Satan. This is a self-fulfilling prophesy. It's a subtle way of drawing you further into the organization. When you hear someone say anything negative about the Watchtower, you will subconciously think, "it must be true what they said about people being controlled by Satan."

As you study more and more with them, they will try to lead you to believe anyone outside of the organization is controlled by Satan and therefore you should only make close associations with other members of the Watchtower organization. When two JWs meet each other for the first time they will usually as each other, "how long have you been in the truth?". Unfortunately for them, "truth" is something that is ever-changing. What they teach today is remarkably different than what they taught as "truth" even 20 years ago. And things they taught as "truth" a century ago is considered apostasy today. They will excuse this by saying that "the light is getting brighter and brighter."

Truth is truth and does not change.

For more information, visit http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/screensho...

You may also note that even tho true Christians DO NOT HATE Jehovah's Witnesses, they seem convinced that anyone who disagrees with the Watchtower is a liar and hates them. One poster here makes himself appear to be a representative of Yahoo! Answers so that what he says will somehow be more believeable. He appears to be claiming to know everyone in the world who has never been a member of the Watchtower. As if his "say-so" evidence is all a person should need, but someone else's is not.

Jehovah's Witnesses can appear to have all the answers just when you need them, however, "there is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." - Proverbs 14:12.

• If you want to know what we REALLY believe, then please visit our official website.

It will tell you all about what we believe & why & will direct you to your bible.

There is so much hate towards us, it's quite unbelievable.... as you can clearly see from the nasty hateful comments here, mostly from people who claim to be Christians.

It seem that they don't know the meaning of the word.

Anyway, you can see our TRUE beliefs on our website, or you can choose to believe the lies that our opposers here tell you.

http://www.watchtower.org/

and btw.. 'Tara' is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses because what she is saying is not what we believe.

'She' is quite obviously a multiple account of one of those who hate us... probably one of those who have commented here.

Hope that helps

Jehovah's Witnesses are teachers of the bible, not called ministers. Our command is NOT conversion, but simply teaching God's word. Some of scripture that talks about teaching is at Acts 5:42 and 20:20-21, Matthew 9:37 and 38, Matthew 10:13 and 14, and Romans 10:13-15. Ask her to speak with you after work or on your own time about her beliefs.

Oh, and there are multitudes of haters on this sight, ready to spread non-information about what JWs believe. Majority of Witnesses came out of other religions because we were aware of inconsistencies in what was being taught, and that frightens some. We believe in and teach only what is in the Holy Bible.

Source(s): I am a Jehovah's Witness

Please do not ask questions on here if you do not want to be told lies... I AM a Jehovah's Witness. And it's not a cult. Haha, I kinda don't understand why people could even think that..? Anywayssss, there are reasons we do not celebrate holidays. And we know the reason for each and every one. You can ask her if you would like to know more about that. But make sure she really is a Witness. Some people just pretend to be... If she is though, I'm sure she would be happy to explain whatever you would like to know.. And for Jehovah's Witnesses, there are not girl ministers. Only men. 1 Timothy 3:8-14. And Jesus IS our saviour! He sacrificed his life for us, so of course he is the one who saved us all.

I'm not quite sure where you got all of your facts? If you would like to know more, please approach her. I'm 100% positive she would love to answer any questions you have. And you won't have to worry about her trying to get you to become a Jehovah's Witness. Just at least get your facts straight. :) If you don't feel like you are ready to ask her anything and have any questions that I could answer, please send me an email anytime. :)

I hope I helped!

p.s. And once again, on here, sometimes people do not have accurate knowledge. And only repeat what they hear or what they think they've heard. And usually it's just rumors. Please do not believe those who do not know what they're even talking about.... Thank you for taking the time to read... :)

Source(s): A Jehovah's Witness of 14 years. :)
  • Suzy

We by all means believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior. God won't hear our prayers unless we pray through Jesus or in his name. We don't believe he is God as Jesus is the first born of all creation according to the Bible. Jesus has a beginning where God does not.

We don't do birthdays cause in the Bible birthdays were not celebrated by faithful people of Jehovah, who is God's name, read Ps 83:18 in the KJV and it will say it is. We do not do X-Mas as the Bible does not say when Jesus was born but it does have the date, day, time and age of Jesus' death to the half year. Why would God put this in His Word and not the day his Son was born?

There are so many other things and I'd go ahead and ask your co-worker. Tell her you are only interested in the answers to your questions. She will have to respect that.