How to lose 40 pounds in 3 months?

I want to lose it now!

I want to look reallllllyyyyyyy skinny! But with nooo muscles showing!

I need to look really skinny.

Even if that means eating 100 or less calories daily.

I weigh 160pounds and I'm 5'8" and half.

I know just want a serious answer, cause i haven't got one so far...

Please help

Favorite Answer

Ok. Take this from a guy who lost 50 lbs last summer from May to August (3 month period)

First off, eating 100 or less calories daily is really really really bad for you. You are setting yourself up for malnutrition, and you metabolism will be so slow that when you get off your diet, you will gain all the weight you lost and add even more on.

Ok. Now How did I lose 50 lbs?

For 5 days a week, I went on the elliptical in my gym and used it for 1.5 hours. This way I burned about 1000 calories or more each time I did that.

Every weekday, I ate a salad for lunch. I made sure that it had a lot of brocolli and spinach in it (dark green vegetables are the best thing you can eat because they have lots of nutrients, which you will NEED since you are reducing your daily caloric intake). Go very light on the dressing, don't drench your salad in dressing. If you feel up for the challenge, don't use dressing at all if possible but even I can't do that because it makes the salad harder to swallow. I suggest fat-free italian dressing or a vinaigrette, those have the least calories. Stay away from any ranch or tomato basil stuff, those are chock full of calories. Salad will fill you up and the plus side is it is low in calories.

Keep a little notebook with you and write down everything that you eat and drink and the number of calories that food contained.

I would learn how to use the nutrition label on foods and eat in measurements you can measure. For example, if I ate deli meat and the nutrition label said 30 calories per serving, and one serving was a slice of deli meat, if I ate 4 slices of deli meat, I would write that down in my notebook and write 120 calories right beside it.

Make sure to add up the calories throughout the day.

If you eat something and you don't know how many calories it contains, google it. The results should be close to each other where you can give a good estimate of how many calories you ate. In time, you should be able to estimate the calories of a food just by looking at it.

Ok, make sure the calories you consume per day are around 1400 calories/day. This is so that you are not depriving your body of nutrients, keeping your metabolism high, and also not consuming way too many calories.

I took the liberty of calculating how many calories your body burns a day just to keep you alive (as if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing). For your height and weight, your body burn 1600 calories a day to keep you alive. Assuming you don't lie in bed all day and actually do stuff (even watching tv and sitting for hours a day burns calories), I'll add 200 calories for daily activities. This is a conservative estimate, it's more likely you are burning way more calories per day than this. So you are already burning 1800 calories a day just by living your life. I would safely bet all my money that you probably burn around 2000 calories a day living your life.

So that means if you eat 1400 calories a day, -2000 calories + -1000 calories from running means you burn 1600 calories a day when you run. This adds up to about 3.5 pounds a week, 14 pounds a month, which means you burn 42 pounds in 3 months!!!

There you go, this is exactly the math I went through when I lost 50 lbs in 3 months last year.

Important points to remember:

Don't skip meals

Count the calories you eat

Eat 1400 calories/day so you don't set yourself up for malnutrition

Run 5 times a week max, 1.5 hours on the elliptical. The harder you workout the more calories you burn.

It'll be easier to eat 1400 calories/day if you eat low carb/no carb foods such as meat (Grilled Chicken Breast is a staple in weight loss diets because they have zero carbs and they have lots of bulk and protein to fill you up). High fiber foods such as salad will fill you up too.

Source(s): I did it myself and you can too! good luck!
    • valeria4 years agoReport

can you do the math for me?

Include at minimum 10 to 15 grams regarding protein, which suppresses ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite. Include eggs, which are which can control hunger.

Raise the metabolic rate along with teas

start out jogging a tad bit more

Also include 10 grams involving fiber to satiate hunger longer and stop bloating from constipation.

The most common orchid acquired by people is the Phalaenopsis orchid. Unfortunately, these are often discarded after the flowers fall off. With proper care, your orchid can flower multiple times a year https://tr.im/UwOyW

You already know never to be able to skip breakfast, but it's also vital that you eat within an hour of waking to improve your metabolism.

Going low carb is that can encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially refined carbs like muffins and bagels) including a little fat.

If you eat 100 or less calories daily, you will die. With death, your body will decompose quite a bit over the next 3 months, and i'm sure you will lose the 40 pounds.

If you actually want to lose weight, you should eat AT LEAST 1,200 calories a day. If you don't eat this much, your body will do bad things and you will not lose the weight.

40 pounds is a ridiculous and unrealistic amount of weight to lose in 3 months. If you think about it realistically, one pound is about 3,500 calories. This means that if you cut out 500 calories from your diet each day of the week, you can lose one pound a week. This is 4 pounds a month. If you exercise on top of that and burn 500 more calories a day, you can lose 2 pounds a week. 8 pounds a month. So, the most pounds of actual fat you can lose in 3 months is going to be around 24. And this is only if you stick to a very strict diet and exercise program. Cut out all sugar from your diet, sugar hits the waistline the most. Have a very limited amount of bread/pasta a day. About 80% of your weight is your diet. This means that you can exercise all you want, but ultimately the food that you eat is the main thing that determines your weight.

Stop the urge to eat even though sticking to your diet simply by feeding on ingredients that keep anyone complete

Replace motherboards using salad to help minimize cabohydrate supply