Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is israel a legitimate state?

From what I studied in history the land was 'given' to the Jews by the British who had no authority over it! No country in the whole world recognizes israel’s sovereignty over East Jerusalem, the Golan Heights, Gaza, etc. including Europe, the West AND the US. At least one third of the world counties do not recognize the state of israel altogether. If you simply Google "israeli massacres" you will be shocked to read historical documented facts on mass murders committed by the Israeli. How many of you out there believe that israel is a legitimate state and why do you think so? Thank you!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

“israel” is NOT a legitimate state and will never be in this part of the world for several undeniable facts and historical reasons:

1- As much as pro-israel supporters would try to make you believe that Israel is a democracy, it is NOT, it is actually apartheid. Apartheid is a social policy or racial segregation involving political and economic and legal discrimination against people who are not Whites (in this case Jewish); as in the former official policy in South Africa. This is exactly what israel is doing to the Palestinians. If all Palestinians were allowed to vote, there will be no more Israel.

Watch this amazing CBS video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYAgyv2MKyI

2- The creation of “israel” was nothing but a personal favor to the Rothschild family from Arthur James Belfour in 1917 (google “the declaration of Belfour”). The declaration was made in a letter from Arthur James Balfour (Foreign Secretary) to Lord Rothschild (Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild), a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation, a private Zionist organization. The document is kept at the British Library and it clearly states: “His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object”.

3- As soon as the Jewish Zionists had the opportunity (after world war II), they unleashed two well-known terrorists organizations known as the Haganah and Aragon who massacred scores of innocent Palestinians to terrorize them and drive them out of their homeland. This resulted in an exodus of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees. To this day, israel denied the right of return to millions of Palestinians who have every right to return back to their home land which they were driven away from.

4- Ever since the illegitimate creation of “israel”, the United Nation (not the Arab nations) issued over 40 resolution denouncing and condemning Israel which were more than enough to strip “israel” of any legitimacy whatsoever. All resolutions were vetoed by the United States. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nation...

5- Last, but not least; I did google “israeli massacres” thank you! Try it and ask yourself; could there be a state with such a history of crimes against humanity be legitimate?

All people who wrote those pro-Israel answers are either brainwashed by the Jewish/right wing controlled media or plain ignorant, or pseudo-intellectuals who are sympathizing with israel for religious reasons/convictions. But what religion on earth could possibly preach gross injustice of such proportions? I don’t think Jesus or Moses would approve of this kind of injustice. Would they?

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The Jewish State have existed long beforeChristianity and Islam came into being as a religion. The Jewish State known already as Israel was surrounded by desert people like themselves, namely Bedouins, Egyptians, Philistines, Samaritans, Sumerians, Hittites, Amorites, Babylonians, Assyrians, etc blah blah...who are always at each other's throat, all of them including the Jews were all desert people. The advantage of the Israelites that time was that they were united already by a belief that is Judaism. Mohammedanism (Islamism) came very much later on, even much later than Christianity. The Jews were expelled from Israel (one of the 2 Jewish Kingdom) when the Assyrians took the Israelites away from their homeland and brought to Assyria (the other kingdom was assimilated into the other tribes or kingdom). The Israelites were left to thrive on their own without a country/place of their own. But deep in their soul they know they have a place of their own as promised to them by God. Which they have already occupied before they were disperse to the different part of the ancient world. Archaeological artifacts could attest to all of these. War was the culprit for all of these miserable situations where the Jews are in. Every tribe in that area the middle east then, wants to reign as the supreme one, that's why people are displaced as often as it could be. The reasons as far as i am concern for these conflicts are greed and jealousy. In actuality conflcts can be avoided if we can only recognize everyone's right to exist. A simple coexistence can solve all of these, but it cannot happen because we claim according to our own belief/faith that God has instructed us otherwise. This is foolishness and stupidity. When will people really know and realize that all of us (Jews Christians Moslems Hindus Buddhist) can disappear in a matter of seconds if it will be Willed by the Supreme One. WHEN WILL PEOPLE REALLY LEARN.

• 1 decade ago

Israel is a legitimate state with or without all the god crap however fundamentally Israel does not operate like a legitamate state.

Iran might be developing nuclear weapons or indeed may not (although if I was a state next to Israel I'd probably want to be capable of defending myself) but at least it kind of lets the IAEA in unlike Israel which won't even admit it has nuclear weapons and hasn't signed the NPT.

BTW I have Jewish cousins living in Israel so I know

• Carl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Israel as it now is, is not a legitimate state, it should be far bigger, as mandated by the United Nations..

It was not the British which gave the land to Israel, the British (and I am one) delayed and tried to pacify the Arabs by reducing the amount of land and hindering the handing over of the land.

The U.N. gave Israel an amount of land far bigger than which they now occupy, but somewhere between passing the motion and Israel taking occupation of their own land (the Bible reveals they bought it thousands of years ago) the country of Trans Jordan was formed which took away a lot of the land mandated to them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

In part:

The modern state of Israel has its historical and religious roots in the Biblical Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael), a concept central to Judaism since ancient times, and the heartland of the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah.

End part.

I am not sure where you get your "history" ("...the land was 'given' to the Jews by the British who had no authority over it! No country in the whole world recognizes israel’s sovereignty over East Jerusalem, the Golan Heights, Gaza, etc. including Europe, the West AND the US.").

Probably a Liberal or Islamic "history" book, since it is not true.

• Sean
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Israel (capital I) was recognized as a country on May 14th 1948 by the United Nations.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What you fail to realize my friend, is that a group of people were attacked in 1948 amnd they defended their flag.

Again in 1968, they attacked and a war ensued but in the end, they defended their flag.

So quit the c*** about bible thumping, being the chosen few, returning to a land, starving the inhabitant, or what ever side issues you "studied". Israel is a state because it defended it's flag against all foreign invasions.

The truth hurts but that is a fact.

edit: I am editing my answer because I agree with ciar. They should join in the 'club' and act responsible, which they refuse to do. International treaties and Human Rights Conventions mean NOTHING to them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your understanding of history is wrong in the extreme. Israel was created by the partition of Palestine between Jews and Arabs by the United Nations in 1948. So of course it's a legitimate state. And the Arabs immediately went to war against the new Jewish state, and lost. And went to war again, and lost. And . . .

• Yes it is!

They were placed there by the UN and they have built it up and defended it even while terrorists were trying to kill them and stop them from living peacefully!

Why is no one questioning the intentions of the Extreme Muslims who are actually causing the problems? After they are done w/ the Jews, the infidels are next!

Source(s): Destructive Politics - the book
  • Jim Z
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Where do you get your history? It has a seat in the UN, it is the only nuclear powered country in the middle east.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.