When Jesus said that if you've lusted after a woman, you've commited adultery in your heart, how likely is it?

that what he was really saying was, "Stop judging adulterers, because you're just as bad as they are!" Rather than "Stop lusting! Stop it! You're killing me here!"??

Best Answer

That makes sense to me, darling...it goes along with the whole "mote/beam" thing he talked about, too.

I don't know how many of his more fervid followers will accept that idea, though, darling...they seem to enjoy condemning people for lust so much that the idea that it was just another way of saying "don't judge, even for THAT" might be more than some could bear.

(((Occulty)))

• -----

Pretty damn good. I never thought of it that way. You're a genius, OccuIty, a freakin' GENIUS! Now if you would only use your intelligence for EVIL rather than good once in a while just think of what you could accomplish!

Unbelievable! Helping these poor, ignorant fundies to better understand their holy book. Why aren't you out sowing discord and strife among your many YA fans? Helping to bring this forum together by uniting sinners and eliminating judgment! Are you kidding me? And you have the NERVE to call yourself an EVIL ATHESIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

• Orla

Maybe but I think He meant every man to guard their eyes and heart from lust. And being a woman, I appreciate that very much. I never understood why men have to look at women in the street even if they have a lovely woman at their side! What a lack of respect and tact for their partners!

Today our society is so saturated with sex that everything is permitted. Pornography on TV, magazine, erotic movies, TV series, ads. It's degrading to be a woman today as we, women feel that we have to be sexy in order to be recognized! It's disgusting, and I'll never agree to it!

Sex is holy and sacred not just for fun and to user another person to get some sexual gratification and then to throw the partner like a vulgar sock!

Very, very likely. Somehow when I was a BaC I too overlooked the fact that Jesus often used hyperbole and sarcasm when delivering a message: Sunday school installs a heap of cognitive filters over our critical evaluating mechanisms I guess. The idea that Jesus could mean other than what he literally said was not allowed to enter.

I have a similar read on the divorce thing as well.

It was the thinking that Jesus condemned, since all behavior begins as a thought. Even breathing has to involve the brain before doing the motions. When someone is constantly looking at another with the intention of using or manipulating that person into become a mutually consenting adult to have sex with, Jesus is questioning the motive--Is it love or pleasure?

Our sinful thoughts are just as dangerous as our sinful acts. When we view a person as an object of sexual satisfaction, we have degraded them. That is not loving.

For example, Satan took the image of a girl's bare bottom to plant a seed of doubt. I'm a girl, so no, it wasn't that, but I did find myself trying to imagine myself in that position and with a partner. Nothing happened since I can't lust and pray at the same time. But if I wasn't aware of the devil's schemes and the power of God to take down those wicked forces and selfish desires, I could have easily been used and tossed aside last night. That isn't the kind of love the Lord wants for me.

eternal for eternal sake eternal, is why the flood came this is what lusted. As the fall of the hope of sons of God they, took wives for themselves, the all became a fallen eve each. And so the judgment as coming to day is a result of this and he said "nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

1Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

Comparing that with the public sermons/philosophy of Jesus ( the Beatititudes) reveals that Jesus never really said that. The Paul followers simply wrote in the Bible that Jesus said that. --- My opinion.

• Godboy

Could be...my interpretation of it is that our thoughts define our reality. In the next stage , after we get out of this stinky flesh I think it will be alot more obvious that He wasn't just joking around when He said that," If ye shall say unto that mountain, be thou cast into the sea, so shall it be done" I think that is why is going to be so choosy about who He lets get to the other side. Not self serving or wicked hearted or haters

• ROFL

Master, the day you rewrite the Bible finding all the hidden meanings of the verses is the day we learn what kind of a dude Jesus really was.

Looking forward to it!

9.9 out of 10