What is meant by discount 50% +10%+10% ?

I received offer from a company which i cannot understand, it says we will offer you a discount of 50% +10%+10%. What does this mean, what will be the exact discount? Can some body please explain.

• Tarek
    Favorite Answer

It either just means 70% off... which means if it was something that is worth $100, it'd be $30 after the discount.

OR

you get a discount of 50% and another 10% off of what the number ends up being... and then another 10% off of that number... so if you got something that is worth $100... 50% off of it would be $50... then 10% off of that would be $45... then another 10% off of that would be $40.5.

I've never seen anything like that before... However, it could be like using 3 different coupons together...

So, first 50% of total.

Then, 10% off of that.

And then, 10% off of that (again).

I'm pretty sure it's not 70% -- that would be really steep. It's already a very deep discount!

50/10/10 is actually 59.5% off ... many corporate commercial dealers buy this way from manufacturers (in various industries) ... Tarek's "OR" answer of the end cost being $40.50 (from a $100 list price) is correct .... but it's 59.5% discount .. not 70%

how did you get to 59.5? the computer does it for me...How do you do it manually?