. asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 10 years ago

Can ebay Prices Really be so Cheap?

So I just bought 2 hello kitty jewelry items from ebay. The necklace was $2.00 & the ring was $3.00 the items were from Hong Kong, so I'm guessing the reason they were so cheap is because of the change from Chinese dollars to American Dolllars. But the items were really good items, how is that they were so cheap?

-it was buy it now . no bidding.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

sometimes when you buy direct from hong kong, china, or japan things are way cheaper since they are from the distributor. the items could also be fake though. make sure to check the sellers feedback and reviews! and make sure they have sold more than like 100 items. feedback should be above 98%

hope i helped

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Are you talking about cheap "buy it now" prices or prices on items still being bid on? If it's really cheap "buy it now" it could be a knock off. Read the print very carefully. If it's checked as "new" condition I doubt it's used. As for stuff still being bid on, usually the price goes up astronomically at the last second because a lot of folks wait until the last minute to place their bid. An item going for $10.00 an hour before the auction ends can go up hundreds a dollars in the last minute!

• 10 years ago

You don't have to bring the item form hong kong to be that cheap. You can find those in US too. Lots of people put these items on classified websites like craigslist.

Here is the link to find hello kitty jewelry between 1 cent and 3 dollars.

http://www.spotthings.com/?general/hello-kitty-jew...

• 10 years ago

The actual production cost of a lot of the stuff you buy is often incredibly low. Like it could cost a total of two dollars to make a pair of sneakers but then the store sells them for $100. When you get ultra-cheap stuff from China it's because they're making it right there, it's coming from some mass produced factory and costs them next to nothing, and it's not a brand name.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

well, if they were good quality yea, if they were like plastic, hell no

• 10 years ago

no overhead

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.