My gmc sierra isnt blowing air through vents?

I have a 2005 gmc sierra 1500 5.3l and it blows air only through the floor vents and the defroster vents on the side of the dash (between dash and door) what can this problem be? i was told to buy a new air door actuator but im not sure if this is correct

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

if you are looking for cool air flow, it only happens when traveling. It's forced air. , and sometimes you just have to turn the fan on, just to get any air flow. Whne you turn the heat or air conditioning, the fan blows air. If you want just outside air to flow through the vents, it's forced air from outside.

The fan might come on if you find the right settings, and you could have a little more flow at the stop signs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

try eliminating the exterior conceal of the AC unit. verify out the coils interior to verify it is not grimy. I had this ensue this summer season, and it become warm that day! we live in a condominium unit, and the owner did not sparkling it out between renters, so it become CAKED with airborne dirt and airborne dirt and dust, yet we had replaced the filters month-to-month and made specific the intake crate become sparkling. had to gat a expert accessible to verify what become happening. each now and then this could ensue if it incredibly is incredibly warm exterior and you have it became way down like at sixty 5 or sixty 8 ranges. a typical AC is in basic terms able to cooling 20 ranges cooler than it is exterior, so if it incredibly is ninety 8 ranges exterior and your AC is became right down to sixty 8 ranges, it is going to freeze up attempting to kick back your domicile, and deplete ALOT of ability.

• 1 decade ago

well obviously something is not allowing air through the top ducts. most likely the door. switch could be bad, or it could be the actuator. thats about all there is to it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.