why are cultures hair different textures?

Yes i know we come from different places and all but how did we get these textures and how does the textures change within a culture?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jen
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Textures vary within different ethnicities which are represented by culture, and like you said textures vary because we gentically originate from ancestors who came from different parts of the world and had to survive so they genetically adapted..

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

don't you mean race and hair textures I'm pretty sure people in different cultures have the same hair texture a white person can be in hip hop culture and have the same hair texture as a white person in rock and roll culture or do you mean why are cultures hair different styles

• 10 years ago

Hair texture is an adaptation to environment just like skin color and facial features. Nothing more, nothing less. Textures change within cultures when different cultures mix.

• 4 years ago

Wrong Black hair is the easiest to manage and is the most pleasant to the sight if left in its Natural state. It has no need for daily Moisturizing nor daily washing. Black Women with Natural hair especially dreads or braids have the most beautiful and fullest hair. The problem occurs when black women attempt to wear their hair in a Albion European style and perm it. Then your statement becomes true but if left Natural in a few years she will have most European women wishing they had hair like hers. Finally Black people grow hair and Albion Europeans grow animal like fur sort of like a troglodyte niger monkey which is a scientific name for chimpanzee, ancestor to the Neanderthal Man which is the Father of the European race. This is what separates the chemical make up of a Asiatic African (Black person) from a Albion European (white person). So basically Albion Europeans are the product of ancient scientist (Black women) mating with Chimpanzee's, this is why they have animal like fur (straight hair). Black people's hair if not managed and grown wild will form Beautiful locks on their own.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Evolution, animals naturally adapt to their environment. Black people had more pigmentation to protect against the heat and the sun in africa and developed light and airy hair to help cool off, they also developed wider noses to breathe the humid air better.

White people lived in cold environments so they didn't need pigment like black people did. They developed straight and thick hair to protect against the cold, they also developed thin noses to help breathe the cold air better.

• 10 years ago

Environment where we live participates in our culture.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i always wanted to know why black people's hair has the texture of a brillo pad

• 10 years ago

Well for me, I am a strong black female, my hair is crispy and very coarse. I have to dump piles of grease just to get it not to stick up everywhere. Thats why most of us nappy headed bltches resort to weaves and lace front wigs. Weaves make us have da good hair, like white folks do.

• 10 years ago

the only people who have different hair is black people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.