Do you think that people are too hard on the older female celebrities?

IDK but I keep reading stuff, and the comments from people about them is like they are just looking to find something wrong w. them. I don't get it.

Like Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, Madonna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Lopez, just to name a few, definitely are beautiful ladies w. great bodies.

I think that they shouldn't be made to feel like they have to compete against younger people or be compared to someone in their teens or twenties. Who cares how old they are, they look great. Why so much emphasis is put on how old she is anyway?

I mean aren't there tons of ladies in their teens and twenties whose bodies can't touch these ladies?

Pretty is pretty, seems like that should be enough. I sure see some older and younger celebrities, and some are gorgeous/fit and some aren't. Why should it be any different?

Agree or disagree? and why?

Favorite Answer

Yes absolutely.

I read a lot of gossip blogs (such as one called The Superficial which is very popular) and you should read some of the horrible, hateful things written about Demi and Jennifer due to their age.

However, ask any guy you know if they think those two are hot and they will all say yes. Guys who spend time writing about Jennifer Aniston's crows feet on gossip blogs have no life and probably no friends (why aren't they out doing normal guy hobbies like playing sport or spending time with their girlfriend?).

Gossip magazines sell more issues by highlighting celebrities flaws because everyone likes to see a successful person being brought down a notch. People are secretly jealous of beautiful celebrities that is why they will go and buy a magazine that says 'Poor Jen "I'm too old to find a man!" or "Demi spends $1 million getting double chin removed."

Some guys are incredibly shallow and walk around rating every woman they see and talking about how 25 is over the hill but they probably have deep seeded issues and hate women. For gods sake Ashton Kutcher was an underwear model and Demi is good enough for him, so who cares what some fat nerd on the internet or bitchy gay guy says in a gossip magazine.

I totally agree with you. I am a Jennifer Lopez fan and hate when people put so hateful things on websites. For example: J-ho and she sings terrible. This is my opinion...

• There's definitely a double standard with aging in hollywood. I personally think that both genders age equally well, so the "old" jokes about female celebrities are just stupid. People seem to fetishize youth and innocence in women, and that's just weird.

• Karen

yes, they are which is why celebrities like Demi Moore and Madonna try and stay fit with making their bodies look like they belong to 25 yr olds.

i agree with you.

those ladies you just listed are amazing actors and are gorgeous.

some people just have too much time on their hands & are very insecure so they bash celebs to feel better.