Building my own road bike: frames & handlebars?

I'm working on building my first fixie road bike. I am really interested in buying this one frame set but it only comes in 54cm and 58cm... and according to my height conversions I should buy about a 56cm since I'm about 5'8" with an inseam of 32". I'm not quite sure if I should go up... show more I'm working on building my first fixie road bike.
I am really interested in buying this one frame set but it only comes in 54cm and 58cm... and according to my height conversions I should buy about a 56cm since I'm about 5'8" with an inseam of 32". I'm not quite sure if I should go up or down in size, 'cause I'm a little confused on how the measurements are done because of angles of the rods and seat heights. and I'm not even sure if it will affect the height that drastically either. If someone could clear this up for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, if any of you guys know different advantages or comfort levels for different types of handlebars, I'd love to get some feedback. I've only ever had flat handlebars and an old school set one a coaster bike... and so you know, I am planning to put on hand breaks as a backup and I'll be using the bike for commuting around campus in richmond.

THanks a bunch!