finding out if my father had written a will.?

Hi my question is my father past away on may 2nd he lived in Burbank CA, and i am living in Colorado he was helping me

start a new drain cleaning business without his wife knowing anything about it. I have a lot of emails showing that he was helping me up to the last day before he died. My half sister that I haven't seen in over 15 years wrote me an email responding to the ones I wrote my dad

telling me my father had passed away he had a heart attack she found out his password for his email and she seen all the email conversation we were having she did not even know we were even talking. I know he must have left a will for me

• Phil S
    Favorite Answer

Usually wills are written with a lawyer, so he might have it, or your father would have it someplace with his papers. When it is found, it is then filed with the courts. If it is not found, then no one will ever know. If he does have a will, he didn't give you a copy, so you will just have to wait and see. There is no official will registrar place.