Mega
Mega asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

What do you think about the name Benjamin Thomas, and which nn Ben, Benny, Benji, Jamie, James, BJ?

Favorite Answer

I love Benjamin Thomas. It sounds classic and strong. For nicknames, I'd strongly suggest staying away from BJ. My brother's friend had that nickname as a kid and at 20, he has yet to live it down. I like Ben and Benji the best.

• shir

Its a nice name, not my pick, but very decent. I don't know how you get BJ out of Benjamin Thomas, but even if his middle name started with a J that combo of initials now has a very unfortunate alter-meaning. I'd go with Ben as a nickname b/c nicknames tend to stick and he probably won't want to be called Benny or Benji once he matures. Those names are great when they're young (especially Benji-so cute!), so if you know you can break yourself of the habit later if needed, go ahead lol. Also, Jamie and James are a bit of a stretch IMO.

I love Benjamin Thomas! And for the nickname I like Benji or James :)

Okay well I hope I helped and good luck!

~♥Jojo♥~

I love the name Benjamin Thomas, and Benny for the nickname.

• Marcia

It was one I had considered all forms of before my son was born. For me, I love both your names., first and middle. I had thought of Jamin (Jamine) I had never heard Jamin and liked it alot, though it doesn't just roll off the tongue that easily. Ben sounds good when he's small and as an adult. Lots of the others sound like they are good for little boys, but not when he becomes a man. I also think BJ could be a boy's name as well as an adult's. I know it's hard to picture this little guy grown, but that is something you have to take into consideration when picking out names and nn.

• Benjamin i like...Thomas is only good for a middle name in my opinion

I like Ben...maybe Benji. I dont get how you got james out of benjamin, just name him james.

• LOL, not BJ for sure. I love the name Jamie (: Benji sounds awesome for a dog name .

I like Benjamin Thomas. As far as the nicknames go, they are fine, but I would definitely not use BJ.

I like Benji:)... It's like Benji for Good Charlotte or Benji from SYTYCD!!! I know people say it sounds like a dogs name... But that's just cause of that movie! And really any name could be a dogs name...

I love it! Love the nn Benji too.