Squatters rights washington state?

Me and my daughters lived with my father as his health started failing. When he passed away the will left everything he owned to his brother several states away. The brother has never shown any desire to claim anything in the will and its now been 16 years. However I'm not sure if he knows I'm living in the... show more Me and my daughters lived with my father as his health started failing. When he passed away the will left everything he owned to his brother several states away. The brother has never shown any desire to claim anything in the will and its now been 16 years. However I'm not sure if he knows I'm living in the house his brother willed to him, we have never really gotten along him and I. So we continue to live in the house afriad that one day his brother will come and try to take it since its in his name. Can he kick us out since we have lived there rent free for 16 years? We have been paying the property tax for all those years. Also If he passes away (he's 83) will the house go to the bank if he doesn't will it to someone else?
4 answers 4