Why are people against skin-bleaching?

I intend to get my skin bleached in the future, because I want it to be light like Dolly's. This probably sounds like a troll question, but I can assure you, it's not.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because it's not real. From what I have seen you say, you hate yourself. I suggest you get some good counseling. to learn to love yourself and your own skin. There is beauty in all cultures. If your parents didn't think so, then you wouldn't be here right now.

• Sandra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

getting a tan is not something we have control over, we may avoid the sun but sunlight at a certain exposure causes a tan, it's not a choice, bleaching is a permanent effect caused by a substance applied to the skin, a tan is part of the natural workings of human skin in fair skinned populations. it's not the same thing. people that are against it tend to take it as a sign of some expression that certain colors or tones are more desirable than others, as we don't see much complaint about hair dyes, it invites us to speculate that racial issues are the real point of friction.

• 10 years ago

Because it's not natural.

What people don't take into account though, is that fake-tanning and spray tans are just as bad.

People should be happy in their own skin and with what they've got.

However, people tend to be more opposed to skin bleaching because it seems more extreme. It involves, basically, burning your skin with acid. That sounds much more painful than 'painting' your skin orange.

The best way to keep healthy and happy is to wear suncream when in the hot sun, and keep your skin clean, exfoliated and hydrated with soap, body scrub and some kind of moisturiser or body butter (preferrably one that contains shea or cocoa).

Trust me, you can't go wrong with that.

Trying to change your skin colour always makes it look patchy or streaky and irregular anyway. Do you want your face to look a different colour to your body?

Lizzy xoxoxoxox

• 10 years ago

PErsonally I am not against it, I have had it done a few times, but some people think it shows self hate. To each their own right. What bleach is the best in your opinion?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

It usually just makes the person even more pissed off than before he/she bleached it!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Ask LeToya Jackson.

• 10 years ago

(troll answer) because you'll scare every person that believes in ghost shitless.

(real answer) sun-bleaching is worse than sunlight and might cause skin canser, among other things.

• 10 years ago

Health concerns & self esteem issues come to mind when thinking about reasons not to chemically alter your looks.

• Haley
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Im against it because its unhealthy. Like tanning. Changing your skin color in unhealthy

• Jjjj
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

unhealthy things for the most part aren't usually looked well upon. same reason why most smart people are against tanning beds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.