Scientists say that believing in/praying to a God sets off feel good chemicals and hormones in the brain..?

why do you think the human mind is created that way? I mean, beyond simply saying that it is vain delusion and belief in fairytales and that feels nice because it is not realistic...Why would you suppose we feel like that. I am agnostic/privately Christian (not all the ostentation in otherwords) but sometimes when... show more why do you think the human mind is created that way? I mean, beyond simply saying that it is vain delusion and belief in fairytales and that feels nice because it is not realistic...Why would you suppose we feel like that. I am agnostic/privately Christian (not all the ostentation in otherwords) but sometimes when I have thanked God about a meal I am eating privately in my mind or a beautiful view of scenery, I bet a boost of happiness. I am a sufferer of depression also so I really notice it when that happens. But, what do you think about that?