No, nobody else has lost a family member to marijuana overdose, and your story smacks of bovine fecal material. How do you know the parents were liberal? A nineteen year old is not a kid, he's a young adult, thus his parents weren't being irresponsible. How do you know he "felt out of place"? Either this is BS or you were there, and if you were there, you could have prevented this. You say he "took a puff" and "went immediately into convulsions". It has been established by experimentation in mice that the dosage of marijuana necessary to cause an overdose is 40,000 times the amount needed to get high. There has never, in all of recorded history been a documented case of marijuana overdose leading to death. If this story is true, then I'm sure it made the papers. Please cite the newspaper article. If you can, then I apologize. If you can't, I'm calling you a liar.