Derek Jeter or Jose Reyes?

I'm sitting here with my friend and he is saying Jose Reyes is better then Derek Jeter. Could someone please explain to him that Jeter is better no doubt like i don't even believe there is a comparison between these two except for in fielding maybe, but Jeter is still better in fielding too so i don't understand what makes him think this.

Best Answer

Forget convincing. Just call a doctor, and get your friend some professional help. Saying Reyes is better than Jeter is like saying the Clippers are better than the Lakers.

Even though Jeter is starting to age, I would still take Jeter over Reyes as an everyday player. Jeter is still a decent hitter that is reasonably fast. Reyes might be a better defensive shortstop than Jeter, but Reyes is too much of an injury liability. I pick Jeter because he is offensively as good as Reyes but more consistent and not injury prone.

Seasonal Averages

Jose Reyes- .284 AVG 12 HR 66 RBI 60 SB 15 CS 112 R

Derek Jeter- .317 AVG 17 HR 81 RBI 23 SB 6 CS 119 R

Jose would give u more SB but Jeter is better over all.

I go with Jeter.

I would take Derek Jeter because of all of his experience. Also Reyes always stays injured and is not a great contact hitter like Jeter. Reyes is all speed and not much power or contact. Finally I would say Jeter because he is one of the most clutch batters in baseball and even though he is aging he still has enough speed to steal bases and get a lot of extra base hits.

Source(s): My brain My brain and once again My brain

Jose Reyes is good and all helping out the Mets tremendously, but I'm not taking any shortstop of Jeter today. He's one of the best in baseball today.

Derek Jeter.

Although Reyes is a lot younger, Reyes battles injuries alot, and isn't a consistent player.

Derek Jeter doesn't get injured much, and is a great all-around player, who is real consistent player.(Check his statistics)

So, I say Derek Jeter any day.

• Foxx

Jeter is much better, Reyes was once as good, but no longer. Jeter is the best SS, and i am not a Yankee fan.

• Jeter no contest. He's headed to the Hall Of Fame while Reyes while having his moments is always streaky & goes through major slumps. Not to mention he gets injured alot.

Jeter is a terrific hitter (he has that "inside-out" swing), an even better fielder, and most of all, he's an extraordinary team leader....the only things Reyes has over him are speed and age.

Derek Jeter. At least he can stay healthy.