Bed Bugs. Who is responsible. Landlord or tenant in pittsburgh pa in a 16 unit apartment building?

Past 3 weeks me and my sister have been getting this rash on us. We thought maybe it was fleas from the cat. Fogged the apartment yesterday night for fleas. Went to go wash the dust ruffle on the bed and found a colony of bed bugs ont he bottom side of the mattress. We are supposed to be moving to a new place... show more Past 3 weeks me and my sister have been getting this rash on us. We thought maybe it was fleas from the cat. Fogged the apartment yesterday night for fleas. Went to go wash the dust ruffle on the bed and found a colony of bed bugs ont he bottom side of the mattress. We are supposed to be moving to a new place on tues (it is sat) and have read that you cant move for 2 months or you risk spreading it to your new place. Also called the landlord. It is a properties inc company and he claims he has never in his life even heard of bedbugs and will exterminate after we move. What do we do.
Update: it is an apartment building. you saying they are spread by contact. why dont u research apartment buildings and bed bugs. they travel apartment to apartment. whose to say someone else did not bring them in. they are attracted to co2. me and my sister are not "dirty" people. they are BED BUGS. never... show more it is an apartment building. you saying they are spread by contact. why dont u research apartment buildings and bed bugs. they travel apartment to apartment. whose to say someone else did not bring them in. they are attracted to co2. me and my sister are not "dirty" people. they are BED BUGS. never had this problem before nor did we travel anywhere to bring them here. my boyfriend ive been with for 6 years does not have bed bugs either and nor does his moms house. im either there or here. so how do you expect "were" the ones to blame here