Can you crack Steam games?

Hey guys,

So, a friend of mine, has a steam account with lots of games, and he gives me his username and password for me to play when I want-good guy. However, when he plays with his account, I get signed out. So here's the question. Say for example, I install Assassin's Creed 2 from his steam account, and want to play it on my PC, without an account-Games from steam are installed in the "steamapps" folder-will I be able to play it by replacing the original exe file with one from Razor1911, without changing the games location? Thanks for any answers!

Favorite Answer

I don't know if what I'm about to say is true or not, it's just something I heard.

If you have your own steam account try this.

Login as him and install all his games from the original CD/DVDs to your PC.

Once the games are installed (I would try each one, maybe even save a game in progress).

Then log out as him and login as you, they are supposed to work because you both have an account, and when steam checks what games are on the PC it may not care that you are the original buyer or not, just that you have/had the original CD/DVDs when you installed.

But there are cracks for most of steam games though you won't be able to play online in multiplayer mode.

Firstly - Without even needing a crack a lot of games will actually launch perfectly fine WITHOUT steam even running if you go into the game's folder in the steamapps folder and run the game's exe directly - I think the game needs to have been activated though.

Instead of using the steam created shortcuts you can create a shortcut to the actual game exe instead of the steam exe and this will work also.

Not all games will launch without Steam though and NO Valve or Steamworks games (COD MW2 for example) will work without Steam.

Secondly - the only real way to know if the crack would work is by trying it. Some will (Episodes from Liberty City for example) but others may not.

Rename the original exe by adding .bak to the end of the filename changing the extension (example: game.exe becomes game.exe.bak) then just put the cracked exe in the folder and run that. When you need to replace the original exe again simply remove the cracked exe then delete the .bak from the original filename.

If you get banned by steam which happens allot to some users just for having a opinion of the game a moderator does not like. (yes no joke! I know people who got banned for just a opinion and no foul language or insults, And could have lost hundreds of dollars of games) But my friends saved the games and figured out a way to run them without steam. I can't remember what they used. But I am sure you can just DuckDuckGo it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can you crack Steam games?

Hey guys,

So, a friend of mine, has a steam account with lots of games, and he gives me his username and password for me to play when I want-good guy. However, when he plays with his account, I get signed out. So here's the question. Say for example, I install Assassin's Creed 2 from his...

Source(s): crack steam games: https://biturl.im/AZiSr

That's correct

It's possible for sure

s