Culturally speaking: Do you think high school years are the best years of your life?

Even though I enjoyed my high school years (except for freshman year, I was in the deep south, it sucked like crazy) I say that life after high school is a joy. I never really got why people said high school years are supposed to be the best years of a person's life.

Anyways, what is your view? Also it would be good if you told me your experiences.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I live in Hawaii & I dont think that high school was the best years of my life. There were certain moments when I truly did enjoy though. Like during my senior year I graduated top in my class got into the university I wanted to attend a having a full scholarship ride for the first year. I was the jock & nerd who won my schools talent show being entitled the next alicia keys. I was thankful to finally have bloomed.Of coarse it bought bad attention, but it was still great to get attention from the opposite sex.

Despite all my accomplishments & joy I greatly disliked the stereotypes & responsibilities & although I met or exceeded them I think the best years of my life was when I was young & life was carefree. Since I was a jock/nerd/& dressed like a mean girl it was really hard identifying myself with a group of friends. High school had clicks & it seemed I never fitted in because I wasn't one specific one. I played sports but I wasn't gay so that was hard because the girls who did most of them were gay. I was nerd but I liked rap which they weren't into. I dressed like a mean girl but I didn't like to be mean. I found myself a lot of times alone, which was confusing because I knew I could have any guy I wanted or any friend but I chose not too because I wanted to stay true to myself. I use to wish that I could go back before I attended school when I could just do things I enjoyed & didn't have to worry about what others thought.

Some of the people I know have said high school was the best years of their lives because they don't have a good job now,they've became overweight/obese & have nothing going going for themselves. Whereas when they were in high school they were popular in good shape & life seemed so great.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

My high school years were fun, but the best years of my life is a no no. I actually like college better because we share things together, and you get to hang out with your friends longer, well the homework's are more interesting for me to than in high school, and my friendships are a lot closer than in high school (I make friends easier than I did in high school).

• 6 years ago

No. I have fond memories of those years, but life is much better now. I'll take having my high school diploma and college degree in hand instead of putting in a lot of hard work for a possible future reward. I also like having a much higher level of independence--being able to come and go as I please, earning a meaningful paycheck, etc.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Some what, it has been great. Looking back to junior high it wasn't so great, but after i got to high school a whole new door was opened to me. High school is full of diversity, its filled with all sorts of people that don't try to imitate and follow others. Its easier to meet people and they are much more friendly and mature its not perfect but its a cool and an enjoyable experience.Yes in some way it is:]

Source(s): In the end of my 4th year of H.S
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I absolutely hated high school! Students there were really immature and wanted to start drama for no reason. I would always get in fights and come home depressed. I honestly always heard that college was going to be the best experience of your life... and it is for me. And I agree with you... life after high school is a joy.

• 10 years ago

I think high school is dumb; you can learn in about 4 years or less instead of the 12 years schools make you all the material you learn in K-12. I honestly think the hardest things in school are social problems and perfecting handwriting. Everything academic just amounts to how well the parents and teachers raise and teach.

Source(s): myself
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I don't think high school is the best years of your life. Some people may think that because it's your last years o free education, not having to care about things, and you're just starting to experience independence, but I dunno I think high school is kinda boring but yes at times it's a blast but I think there are better years. It's different for everyone. Everyone grows up in different places & ways and things happen to them differently.

• 10 years ago

Im 19. I would def. say high school was the best! After high school, everything gets HARD. working, school, bills, late night studying, becuase you HAVE to pass college tests.

High school is a breeze compaired to what comes next. All those bf/gf dont mean anything anymore, who said what, dosent mean anything.

I partied my A** off in high school. Had the best time of my life.

And this is coming from someone who just graduated high school, in june 2009

• 10 years ago

Ive still got this year and next till I finish high school, and it's alright.. NZ high school is pretty laid back and cruisy.. nobody really cares about social standing and whatever.

• 10 years ago

I basically hated it. I was too different to fit in well and didn't really enjoy the ostracism that came with that. The interesting thing is that the very things that made me a misfit as a teenager have made me quite popular as an adult.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.