im 15 almost 16 and he's 18 almost 19 and i'm pregnant?

First off i live in the state of Arizona. I'm 15 years old and a junior in high school, and will turn 16 in two months, my bf is 18 and just graduated and is about to turn 19. I just found out that i'm pregnant. My bf and I have been best friends since grade school and my parents had no grudge against him until they found out a while ago that we were involved with each other. That changed their minds about him. I just found out i'm pregnant and am very scared for my bf, so is he. I don't really know what to do. I love him, and i know he wants to keep the baby, the same as i do. We're just afraid that my parents will press charges even though he's always been there for me and i know he'll stay that way he's already planning things like getting a better job and getting things ready for the baby. We just don't want my parents to press charges. My mom is as you can say "crazy" and my dad is very religious..I know that you have to go to court and that if they press charges i have to be the "rape victim" even though it was consensual....Can you please help? What can we do???

Best Answer

Honey not to sound rude but you should of thought of that before you two had sex. Right now you need to be thinking about taking care of your baby. And how you are now going to be responsible to that little bundle in your tummy. He or she is going to be depending on you to take care of it. Whether or not the man that claims to be there for you and will do all this stuff. You need to start taking care of yourself and the baby. You are now a parent. And your going to need help so you are going to need to make arrangements some how to see an ob/mid wife. Sooner or later they are going to know and trust me parents can sense things my mother knew before I even told her and I was 17. So its best to get it out now and over with before it gets worse and causes problems for you and the baby. Sit down and talk to them. Talk to them calmly about the situation and about the guy your with. Also tell them before they make a choice please wait a couple days. You dont want a miscarriage before of this.

I know its hard. But I tell you its alot better than ending up in the hospital and a doctor say *your pregnant* in front of you your parents and boyfriend.

Nobody but you or your parents can press charges. Thats not good in your situation. But you can fight it if they press charges on rape or anything along those lines. You consented to the sex. No two ways about it. Your boyfriend is an adult. He can fight this too. As far as the religious part about your parents. Once they have gotten over the shock that there 15 year old is pregnant, they might be for the whole traditional shotgun thing. You knocked her up, you marry her kinda thing. But thats getting ahead of myself.. If you need someone to talk to I'm here. I'm 16 years old with an 8 month old son and a 19 year old Husband. I got pregnant at 15, he was 17, almost 18. I know what your going thru.

Basically... because of your age, in the state of Arizona, he can be put in jail for up to a year, or more, depending on the circumstances. You can't technically give consent at your age- that's why it's considered sexual abuse or rape.

I know that's not what you want to hear... Sorry.

ADDED: To all of those people who say "Just wait and say you got pregnant after you turned 16"--- that's NOT going to work. Because you have obviously gotten pregnant BEFORE you were 16. All anyone has to do is count backwards 9 months.

Just tell your parents. And, if they mention it, ask them not to press charges.

Well, there's not much you can do, besides try and convince your parents that letting this slide is best for everybody. I would think if your dad is "very religious" he'd be big on the whole get-married-and-live-happily-ever-after thing, obviously that's not going to work out too well if your bf is in jail so...

Its your parents choice and you don't have much say I am afraid the best option you have it to just talk to your parents. I was in the exact same situation and it was considered Statutory rape in my state, Thank God my parents didn't do anything but they were mad very very mad. If they do try and press charges remind them that you need to him to help you pay for baby expenses and to be there to support you through this. Sorry that you have to go through this, its NOT going to be easy.

I know this sounds crazy but there is a huge difference in age form 15 to 18. He has had a few more years to learn who he is and what it all is about. You are just starting out on this dating thing. Look for someone more your age and (i know you have heard it before) If it is ment to be a few years wont hurt,

he can only be put in jail if someone presses charges.

im in the same boat. i live in tucson and ive been with my bf scence i was 12 and he was 14. we are 2 1/2 years apart. and thats what the cops said.

they caint do anything unless someone presses charges.

also dont worry about being pregnant, lots of places in az, help with teen pregnancy.

im 17 and pregnant.

Can u keep it secret until u turn 16? I dont know how far along u are so that may or may not work. maybe your parents will react better than u think? If it came down to it, and u had to go to court, you would tell them it was not rape, you love him, you agreed to have sex, you wanted to, and you would have to prove that you are mature, but maybe your parents will help you. Of course they will be disappointed, you cant expect them not to be, but they may pull through for you.

im 16 too. ive always wanted a baby and recently i really want one so i think you should keep it. maybe talk to your parents as well as his and just talk about what you feel if you want to keep the baby tell them that, although remember if you dont there are also other options like adoption. you sound like you would be a good momma.

just think about what you wana do firstly with your boyfriend and then talk about it with the adults, people are always going to disagree with but i think you should do whatever you want to.

Your parents should not have much of a case if you testify that the sex was consentual. Good luck either way, but the sooner you tell them the better your chances of them getting used to the idea. probably safer to tell them w/o the boyfriend present...if your dad is so religious then as mad as he will be, he will probably be more understanding b/c you want to take care of your child and not kill it.