Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

should orlando trade vince carter in the offseason?

if you think they should trade him show me who the magic will recieve in the trade

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes they could trade him for a good power foward like boozer or dirk, gortat would also probaly be in those trades

• 4 years ago

Hard to say. They gain an aging VC, but they lose Rafer Alston,shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie. Also, A day after the Magic acquired Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets, Turkoglu’s agent said Friday that he sent a notice to Orlando earlier this week that his client will opt out of his contract to become a free agent. Agent Lon Babby said the Magic had made Turkoglu an initial offer that Orlando general manager Otis Smith described as a “jumping off point.” Orlando’s payroll will likely dip into the luxury tax for the first time in franchise history, and Turkoglu is looking for a big payday after helping the Magic reach the NBA finals last season. He will be a free agent July 1. Seems to me they are losing more then they are gaining. Alston played a great post season, Courtney Lee is showing potential to be an impact player in his NBA career, and losing Turk, their floor leader is huge. Seems to be a wash.

• 10 years ago

I think they should try to move him, but at this point I don't see how they will get any value whatsoever for him due to this awful performance.

• 10 years ago

gerald wallace for carter =p

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.