Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

should orlando trade vince carter in the offseason?

if you think they should trade him show me who the magic will recieve in the trade

Favorite Answer

Yes they could trade him for a good power foward like boozer or dirk, gortat would also probaly be in those trades

Hard to say. They gain an aging VC, but they lose Rafer Alston,shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie. Also, A day after the Magic acquired Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets, Turkoglu’s agent said Friday that he sent a notice to Orlando earlier this week that his client will opt out of his contract to become a free agent. Agent Lon Babby said the Magic had made Turkoglu an initial offer that Orlando general manager Otis Smith described as a “jumping off point.” Orlando’s payroll will likely dip into the luxury tax for the first time in franchise history, and Turkoglu is looking for a big payday after helping the Magic reach the NBA finals last season. He will be a free agent July 1. Seems to me they are losing more then they are gaining. Alston played a great post season, Courtney Lee is showing potential to be an impact player in his NBA career, and losing Turk, their floor leader is huge. Seems to be a wash.

I think they should try to move him, but at this point I don't see how they will get any value whatsoever for him due to this awful performance.

gerald wallace for carter =p