Do you think the Wu Tang members would be as successful...?

If there never was a Wu Tang? What I mean is, if the GZA, the RZA, Ghostface Killah, ODB, Method Man & Raekwon would be as successful and admired if they were never a collective group and never released a Wu Tang album, but still released solo albums?

Favorite Answer

Before Wu-Tang formed, GZA and RZA started out solo with Words From The Genius and the Ooh I Love You Rakeem EP, and they weren't successful at all, but I think most of the original 9 members would have been more successful than they (GZA & RZA) were if they started out solo, and they would definitely be ranked higher by people when they make a GOAT list. I think the fact that they started out as group helped them all with their solo careers (plus it helps that they're always featured on each other's albums), but the fact that there's so many of them makes it hard to give them all credit in comparison to other solo artists (who were never in a group), so I think the fact that they started out as a group helped and hurt them in a way.

I think Method Man and ODB would have had the most mainstream appeal, and mainstream success. Ghostface and Raekwon too, but not as much, or it would just take them longer than ODB and Meth. Method Man's flow sells records, and so did ODB's charisma even though he was probably the least talented member lyrically. I don't think Deck and GZA would have had mainstream success, but they would probably be well respected underground artists and still sell plenty of records. I don't think U-God and Masta Killa would have been successful at all. U-God's style still rubs people the wrong way, and it took Masta Killa over ten years to drop his first solo album, which probably would have been rated highly if it dropped in 94 instead of 04. I think RZA would have been successful regardless. He's one of the best producers of all time, an above average rapper, and most of all, he knows how to market himself and make money. He created a clothing line way before Rocawear (which kinda bit Wu-Wear's name), got into movies (acting, directing, screenwriting, etc.). He's the main reason Wu-Tang became as successful as they were, and I don't think there's any doubt he was destined for greatness with or without the group.

However, I don't think the Wu affiliates would have been nearly as successful without the group. After Wu-Tang formed, people (including myself) blindly bought any album with that Wu emblem on the tape cover regardless of the fact that the artist or group was unknown. A lot of affiliates complain that their projects took too long to release and this and that, but in all honesty, nobody would have even listened to their records if they weren't affiliated with the Wu-Tang Clan.

Absolutely not. They got all of their recognition for their after 36 chambers solo albums because everyone heard what they could do on that first album. Upon the debut releasing, the RZA planned all of the record labels that the artists would go to. Obviously not all of them had record deals right away but the point Im trying to make is that the RZA (who is basically the Wu in himself) got the members all on the right track after they had hype around them. I don't think they could have done that without a good boost at first (36 chambers)

Well if Ghost&Rae still did stuff, GZA & RZA started a duo, and Method Man did his solo stuff and work with Redman, I think they would be successful. U-God, Inspectah Deck, and Masta Killa would probably be pretty well known underground soloists. ODB would probably put out a bunch of collaborations, but nothing too major... but if not that, he wouldn't do anything.

Just what I would see happening. That is if they actually were all still in the Hip Hop game.

technique nevertheless sells tremendously decently. RZA would not rap lots anymore, yet he remains getting ill production artwork like New time without work WTT. Ghostface does ok. he's kinda fading however. GZA remains particularly appropriate. no longer putting out lots however. i do no longer think of all people recollects Inspectah, Masta or U-God. They in no way quite took off like the others. :( ODB's lifeless, so his profession is technically over. If he have been nevertheless around, i think of he may be appropriate. Raekwon somewhat does the terrific in terms of revenues. he remains doing properly on the charts regardless of no longer being advertisement, and he remains having dope effective aspects.

I would say yes, because each one is different as a person, and i've heard many people say who is they're favorite in the group individually and not by how good they are as a group. I hope I helped...lol

funny, i actually thought about this the other day... .I still think they would be pretty big each.. but not AS popular or big but still would be recognized throughout the industry

Hell No.

Hell no.