Weight Loss Suggestions?

I'm 23 years old and 350 pounds at 6 feet tall. I know that's not good at all which is why I'm here to do something about it. I know working out and eating healthy is how it works, please don't post that just to get a point! I've been overweight my whole life and haven't ever done well... show more I'm 23 years old and 350 pounds at 6 feet tall. I know that's not good at all which is why I'm here to do something about it. I know working out and eating healthy is how it works, please don't post that just to get a point!

I've been overweight my whole life and haven't ever done well with diets. I played 4 sports a year in high school and was very active but the weight continued to pile on. About a year ago I had back surgery for a pinched nerve so some activities might be off limits for me still.

I understand this won't be fast and am looking for lifestyle suggestions not just diets. I know the basics of course, less junk food more time in the gym, what I'm looking for is specifics.

Information like how many calories should I be taking in each day for healthy weight loss and what kinds of activities should I be supplementing my eating habits with? Suggestions for how to balance meals better and what types of things I should be getting in my diet as well as supplements I can take for even better results (I've heard fish oil tablets are very healthy). I grew up in a junk food family so food health has never been a subject I've been good at.

I have a goal of losing 100 pounds in one year, is that thinking too big? What would be more realistic and what kind of eating/exercise routine should I adopt to achieve it?