What do you think of these 50 Jehovah witness beliefs?
1. God is not a Trinity; the doctrine is inspired by the Devil
2. Jesus is not to be worshiped or prayed to-he is only an angel (a.k.a. Michael the archangel)
3. Jesus Christ is a "created being," who at one time did not exist
4. The Holy Spirit is not a person but is "God's active force" i.e. gravity, electricity etc.
5. Heaven is hope only for select Jehovah's Witnesses. The majority of JWs hope to live on "paradise earth"
6. Heaven is limited only to 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.There are only 9,105 alive today (2006 figures)
7. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only "true Christians." All churches and denominations are considered "false religion"
8. There is no Hell or eternal judgment ("Hell" is simply the grave)
9. There is no life after death except for the 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses
10. Salvation is earned only by being a loyal Jehovah's Witness
11. Jesus second coming happened invisibly and secretly in 1914
12. The "first resurrection" occurred in 1918
13. Jesus did not rise from the dead bodily but as a spirit being
14. Jesus was equal to Adam (just a man)
15. Jesus could have sinned and failed in his mission
16. Jesus was not born the savior but became the savior at his baptism
17. God is not omnipresent
18. God is not omniscient
19. JWs are not sure of their salvation
20. All earthly governments are controlled by the Devil
21. The Holy Spirit is only available to select Jehovah's Witnesse22. They are forbidden to serve in the military
23. They are forbidden to buy Girl Scout cookies
30. They are forbidden to celebrate any holidays (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
31. They are forbidden to celebrate their birthday
32. They are forbidden to run for or hold a political office
33. They are forbidden to vote in any political campaign
34. They are forbidden to serve on a jury
35. They are forbidden to own or wear a cross
36. They are forbidden to speak to former members who are shunned (disfellowshipped)
37. They are forbidden to accept Christmas gifts
38. They are forbidden to purchase Christian products (books, music, plaques, pictures etc.)
39. They are forbidden to read Christian literature
40. They are forbidden to have friends who are not Jehovah's Witnesses
41. They are forbidden to marry a non-Jehovah's Witness
42. They are forbidden to salute the flag, stand for the national anthem, or own a flag
43. They are forbidden to say "God bless you" when someone sneezes.
44. They are forbidden to have a tattoo
45. They are forbidden to use pet foods made with blood or blood products
46. They are forbidden to donate blood or their organs
47. They are forbidden to read any anti-Jehovah's Witness material
48. They are forbidden to interpret the Bible without Watchtower literature to explain it
49. They are forbidden to wear any Christian jewelry
50. They are forbidden to support their country and be patriotics
- etha(n_e)scapesLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. All things that aren't from God are from the Devil. (1 John)
2. Jesus was not "only" an angel. He is the archangel and now since his resurrection has even more superior authority than any angel.
6. This is misleading. Men of old who were also Jehovah's Witnesses like the apostles are also of the 144,000.
7. Agree. There is only one way.
8. There is hell, but it's just the ground.
9. There is "life after death" for everyone.
10. Salvation is a free gift. We are not to judge who will be saved.
11. Jesus' second coming DID NOT come in 1914. "Parousia" means "presence" not coming.
13. He manifested a body.
14. Agree. (In Adam's perfect state)
15. Agree. Why else would Satan tempt him?
16. He became the Christ at his baptism.
18. God is omniscient.
19. We are sure of our salvation.
20. "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19)
21. The holy spirit is available to EVERYONE.
22. We CHOOSE not to serve in the military. (Matthew 26:52)
23. What? I was unaware of this.
Where did 24-29 go?
30. We CHOOSE not to celebrate pagan holidays.
31. We CHOOSE not to celebrate our birthdays.
32. We are NO part of the world.
33. We CHOOSE not to vote for humans- we vote for Jehovah.
34. Really? Hmm... That's strange. I've never heard that before.
35. I own a cross. Our window panes are full of them. :D
36. Only on spiritual matters. Family members can be spoken to, just not about spiritual things.
37. It's conscience matter- we're not forbidden.
38. I've purchased Bibles and my mom has plates with scriptures written on them. These are all lies.
40. I have friends who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses- they're just not best friends.
41. All Christians should only marry "in the lord."
42. We only salute Jehovah.
43. That's because that's a superstition- we don't do superstitions.
44. Agree. But, I have a tattoo that I got before I was a JW. It's all good though.
46. Lies again. I'm an organ donor.
47. Not true. It's discouraged.
48. WHAT THE CRAP? I always read my Bible without WT literature. >:(
49. What is "Christian" jewelry? Like a cross? Agree.
50. Ask yourself this: "If Jesus was on earth today, what country would he support?"
- PARTYMARTYLv 61 decade ago
You were doing pretty good at the beginning.
# 9 wrong. You just mentioned most will live on earth.
# 10 wrong. Salvation is a gift from God. You cannot earn it.
# 11 not secretly it was foretold 25 years in advance and announced during that time.
# 14 Both were perfect men on earth.
# 15 Just like Adam did. They had to be equal in order for the ransom to be legitimate.
# 21 Holy spirit is available to whoever asks for it.
# 23 and 30-50 are all wrong. JW's are not forbidden to do anything . These are choices made after a study of the Bible show what God approves of and what He rejects.
I do not know what happened to # 24-29
- JoanLv 45 years ago
Being taught how to think. A college "education" is being taught how to think. Exactly. Without deviation in exchange for money. You study material that was presented as a means of molding your personality, intellect, skills and assets to excel in a desired course or area in order to benefit from and to allow others to benefit from your expertise or trade; either in exchange for money or other mutual interest. If you deviate from that particular line of thinking (as long as it does not change the context of the material/information presented) you're corrected by your instructors through further instruction, testing and other correction. Once you have proven your mental condition through years of careful research, study, discipline, modification of skills and higher order thinking your instructors will determine if your thinking and understanding of the subject appropriately meets the standard set by the education system. You're taught how to think until you cannot argue it's validity.
- Mike M.Lv 51 decade ago
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses I can tell you that a number of these "beliefs" are either horribly misrepresented or completely wrong altogether.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
What do I think?
Many of them are downright lies ... and the rest are biblical
When someone has to resort to lying about us, it just goes to show that their scriptural arguments must be extremely weak
(you might want to learn to count too..... there are only 43 there)
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Not any more crazy than the Catholic belief in transubstantiation, or the Mormon magic underwear, or the COC not allowing instrumental music in church.
- Pinky♪Lv 41 decade ago
You might wanna be a Jehovah's Witness yourself before you go around copy & pasting their supposed beliefs.
- 1 decade ago
Some of it is only half Truths. and some man made.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I like 42. What are the odds?