An Introduction to Classical Music, care to comment or critique my poem, thanks?

An Introduction to Classical Music (the word square meant old fashioned, past it, out of date back then) Slim fingers tinkle with the keys, light taps on black and ivory and notes float gently through the air, a morning serenade for me. As I lie stirring in my sleep half dazed, I'm carried in my... show more An Introduction to Classical Music

(the word square meant old fashioned, past it, out of date back then)

Slim fingers tinkle with the keys,
light taps on black and ivory
and notes float gently through the air,
a morning serenade for me.

As I lie stirring in my sleep
half dazed, I'm carried in my thoughts
way back to school assembly time,
where classic melodies were taught.

A daily dose of medicine,
we'd fidget on our hard backed chairs
not knowing that the tracks we heard
in later years we'd not deem "square".

Those chosen pieces served me well.
I feel a sense of gratitude
for classics played today are joy
and I have changed my attitude.
Update: Ian: Yes, why not? I've also started 2nd part of my epic (definitely not autobiographical)!
Update 2: Danny: like your poem
Update 3: Ian: I used tracks because it was recorded music - a track from a classical LP was played each day
Update 4: Malar: nice to see you call again. Re your question, I used to start all my lines with a capital letter. I've moved on - I figured a capital letter was only needed at the start of a new sentence.
Update 5: Thanks everyone for calling, your comments are very much appreciated.
Update 6: Ian: poetry is open to interpretation. The tinkling of the piano keys was on the radio, which in my half sleepy state transferred me back to assembly times at school. The knowledge which I have comes from the Headmaster playing a classical track for 5 minutes each day and talking to us about the composer. There is... show more Ian: poetry is open to interpretation. The tinkling of the piano keys was on the radio, which in my half sleepy state transferred me back to assembly times at school. The knowledge which I have comes from the Headmaster playing a classical track for 5 minutes each day and talking to us about the composer. There is no set way to interpret a poem, it will be different for each person who reads it. I have shared with you what was in my mind. If others read the poem differently, so what? As long as they have enjoyed it, that's all that counts with me.
Update 7: Ian: You are not in my head when I compose a poem. You have absolutely no idea what is going on in my mind. When I heard the music on the radio in my half sleep, I also saw slim fingers playing the piano. What's wrong with that? Anyway if you wish to debate this, get your e-mail sorted out.