promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you agree this SF pleading to allow illegals the right to vote?

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors is seeking to grant illegal aliens the right to vote in school-board elections if the illegals' children attend taxpayer-funded schools.

San Francisco Board of Supervisors President David Chiu introduced proposed charter amendment 100635 on May 18. The amendment may be added to the Nov. 2 ballot if at least six spuervisors vote for the legislation.

"One out of three parents of the kids in our public-school system is an immigrant," Chiu told CBS. "We want to make sure that they have an opportunity to have a say."

When a reporter asked Chiu whether it would concern him if illegal aliens vote, he responded, "What we don't want to do is turn our elections department into INS agents. That was an administrative situation that we wanted to avoid. Again, what we wanted to do is empower all parents and give them a voice in their kids' education."

"Even the ones that are here without documents?" the reporter inquired.

"We want to make sure all immigrants here have a say," Chiu replied.

He argued that in recent years jurisdictions in New York, Illinois, Maryland and Massachusetts have allowed noncitizens to vote. The San Francisco legislation states:

Charter Amendment (first draft) to amend the Charter of the City and County of San Francisco by adding Section 13.111, to authorize San Francisco residents 18 years of age or older who are the parents, legal guardians or caregivers of children in the San Francisco Unified School District to vote in elections for the Board of Education, regardless of whether the residents are United States citizens. However, according to the California Secretary of State's office, individuals may register to vote only if they meet the following criteria:

You are a resident of California

You are at least 18 years of age

You are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.

You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent

You are a United States citizen

Adding a separate ballot for noncitizens would cost taxpayers an estimated $250,000, according to San Francisco Elections Director Jon Arntz. He said adding a separate election would cost "a couple million dollars."

But Chiu told CBS, "I don't think it's going to be a significant cost burden."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=1...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All criminal illegals picked up in other States should be deported to San Francisco, wear the ankle bracelet so they stay there and allow Pelosi and all the bleeding heart liberals take care of them. In or out of prison.

San Francisco should adopt the model 'all illegals welcome'. We don't care about crime, our people being kidnapped & killed drugs,. Pelosi alone has enough money to pay for a home for you, education for your children and supply you with food and shelter.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • no no no no no I do NOT agree with it, NO NO NO !!! Schools are funded by property taxes, paid by property owners, and the illegals do not pay these taxes and so should not be allowed to vote to determine how this money is spent. It is a blatant travesty and the height of stupid to allow non-taxpaying non-citizens to vote on how other peoples money (legal citizens) is spent. Go with this and the next thing you know they will be voting in elections for state and federal offices. This is all so very very very wrong.

But then again, something like this coming from California is not so surprising as the state slows slides down the sinkhole of bankruptcy.

• 10 years ago

San Francisco - too big to be an insane asylum and too small to be a nation state.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not gonna be a significant cost burden?

GREAT... lets pull all federal funding at the school and let em have at it. In fact.. I insist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bozieu
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

They will rake the scum the end of the barrel to keep power.

10.000 $ for any stranger who vote for leftist.

I shall not vote for them you are quiet with me,Aren't you?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I hate that city, and everything else it stands for.

What do you expect from them. A city that actually makes laws so police can't enforce our laws.

• 10 years ago

They are NOT going to let illegals vote. Did you READ what you quoted? It says very clearly that one if the requirements is

"You are a United States citizen "

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

liberalism at its best. this place deserves all the crime they are asking for.

• 10 years ago

SF for life yall!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"SF"? Ok I get it.."Stupid Fu*k"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.