Should I contact the case manager?

I'm an Individual Provider for my mom and I get paid through the state. One of the topics that is greatly discussed at the training is to report any kind of suspected abuse. Now here's the situation, My mom said something to my 5yr old niece (her grand child) that might of been slightly out... show more I'm an Individual Provider for my mom and I get paid through the state. One of the topics that is greatly discussed at the training is to report any kind of suspected abuse. Now here's the situation,

My mom said something to my 5yr old niece (her grand child) that might of been slightly out spoken.

Well my brother (it's his daughter) and her mother are going through a very complicated divorce. The mother takes a lot of things the wrong way. My niece went back to her moms house and told her mom what grandma said and the mother got upset about it and would not stop texting my mom and was greatly upsetting her.

My mom's health is really poor right now and she gets anxiety really easily. My mom was really upset and was trying to hide it because she's in fear that if she says anything, she won't ever get to see her grandchild again.

This happens a lot! I can't even count how many times my brother's ex has upset my mom and made her cry over the years. Now that I'm in a position to hold her accountable for her actions, I don't know if I want to cross that line or not.

I think I should contact her and ask her to speak to me, or my brother about her concerns instead of discussing them with our mom. She is a vulnerable adult and can't handle the stress!

By the way, we're native american and my brother's ex is not. What she accidentally told my niece (her grand child) was that her mother is not a member of our tribe and shouldn't be digging on our beach. She may have been out of line and we tried to explain what she meant about it but I guess we didn't get through to her. I'm afraid she'll use something like this during the divorce with my brother.