If I want to be in the FBI or ATF someday is it a good idea to join the Military now?

I just turned 19. I would like to be in the FBI or ATF someday. I know you have to be in excellent shape. Have a very clean and good looking record. And of course go to college for the required amount of time and get a criminal bachelors degree. Problem is. I have no money for college. And no matter how... show more I just turned 19.

I would like to be in the FBI or ATF someday. I know you have to be in excellent shape. Have a very clean and good looking record. And of course go to college for the required amount of time and get a criminal bachelors degree.

Problem is.
I have no money for college. And no matter how hard I try there just aren't any jobs out there right now due to the economy. That was another reason I was considering joining because I mainly need a job to pay for college. The military would do that for me. Since I would legally have to serve 4 years I am not sure how I would do so because by the time I got out of the military. I would be 23 or 24. And you can't be too old to join the FBI or ATF I think. I would need to go to college for at least 5 years is the minimal im pretty sure. And you must have a 3.5 GPA or higher to even be considered.

Would I be able to go to college while in the military? and would they pay for it during my service or do I have to wait until I am done serving?

Joining the military was a just a consideration by the way. Do you think I should join in my situation? If not what would you do if you were me?