Severe pain after root canal, is there ANYTHING I can do about this?

I just can't handle this pain anymore, after 5 days of constant, literally non-stop severe toothache I had to get a root canal today. Contrary to what I've read online, it has not relieved the pain, and I have severe pain throughout the right side of my gums, all up the side of my face, and a severe... show more I just can't handle this pain anymore, after 5 days of constant, literally non-stop severe toothache I had to get a root canal today. Contrary to what I've read online, it has not relieved the pain, and I have severe pain throughout the right side of my gums, all up the side of my face, and a severe headache. My dentist wouldn't give me anything, just said take Advil. I've been taking that for days on end every 5 hours or so, it doesn't do a thing, even with Tylenol.

The root canal isn't even finished. He said 90% of it is finished, but I have to go in next week to get it finished. I can't handle this pain until then.

Is there ANYTHING I can do about this? I've considered going to the hospital to get antibiotics or some sort of stronger pain reliever, should I do that? I can't sleep and can barely eat.
Update: Thank you for the information so far. Joyce, I'm honestly telling the truth, he didn't provide me with any antibiotics or pain killers, despite the fact that it was quite a severe infection. I did ask them, they said take a Advil and Tylenol combination, which doesn't do much for me. I've used this... show more Thank you for the information so far. Joyce, I'm honestly telling the truth, he didn't provide me with any antibiotics or pain killers, despite the fact that it was quite a severe infection. I did ask them, they said take a Advil and Tylenol combination, which doesn't do much for me. I've used this dentist for a while and they seem quite professional, but I'm guessing very lax on giving out antibiotics.