why do non-white stand up comedians only tell racial jokes?

It's soooo played out! If you watch someone like Dane Cook or Louis CK they tell all kinds of different jokes about all sorts of things. Variety! But the non white comedians like Carlos Mencia, Russell Peters, basically EVERY black comic, can only make jokes about dumb racial stereotypes. I don't know what it's like to be mexican or chinese. Can't these comics come up with something everyone can relate to?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

I don't know why anyone would be offended by a question, its a question and if your offended your to touchy about the subject. It's kinda true thou, if a white person were to say any semi-racist joke kidding, we'd get critics. But if a black person were to call a white person, a cracker or a name they'd be applaud. Everyone needs to get over the racist issue, it's 2010. Slavery is over. America is FULL of all kinds of Americans, we are all Americans.

• 3 years ago

Non whites are seen as caricatures of themselves in america... White people are the only ones who truly get to be individuals and not have to worry or think racial issues... Most white comedians dont have many stories to tell when it comes to that.. No real major sterotypes or anything that serious.... There are some white ones who talk about race, like sarah silverman, but they usually just try to shock people by being racist instead of saying anything constructive like minority comedians.

• 10 years ago

Non-White stand up comedians? Hold on... Stop implying that every person that isnt white makes racial jokes, because thats not the case. White people tell racists jokes just as much as black people, mexicans, etc. Im offended by this question.

• 10 years ago

Because if a white person said a racist joke, they would be immediately condemned as a stupid white racist. Black people can get away with it because we feel bad for them; whites put them through hell so they deserve to tell a joke or two. Its a subconscious response.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

that's hilarious..."i'm offended by the question"! i think she just answered your question for ya man! but honestly i believe it's because the comedians that ride the racial jokes to death are too ignorant to actually come up with a descent stand-up. and they call white people racist...funny junk right there...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If white people tell racial jokes they are racists. If non whites tell white jokes it is ok because they are the down trodden ones. Go figure. (And no, I am ot racist, this is just an observation I have made from Liberal America)

• 10 years ago

I knoww I guess they dont think that they are funny unless they pick on someone that is not their race it gets real old real fast but hey I guess you have to do what you gotta do to survive in the world of comedians and if you think about it comedians wouldnt be funny if they didnt come up with stuff to humiliate and embarass others..

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

obviously IF you're ethnic that's what you know, i mean jeff foxworthy tells redneck jokes because he IS a redneck. being white isn't much of a challenge so poor poor white me just wouldn't play out very humorously!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

because people of others than whites can get away with it...only the whites are racist

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.