how big is a "cup of coffee"?

Favorite Answer

A measuring 'cup' may be 8 ounces, but the standard measure of a coffee cup is 4-6 ounces. Easy way to prove it is pour 96 ounces of water into a 12-cup coffee maker carafe; be prepared to clean the counter when it over flows since it was designed to only hold 72 ounces max.

Check out the Bodum coffee presses:

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=3&L...

If you divide the ounces in the description by the cups it's labeled, the average cup size is 4oz.

My mug holds 24oz and I use a 12-cup press to fill it (the rest is about 4oz liquid & wet coffee grounds).

Source(s): I roast my own beans & have seven ways to brew.

Ounces In A Coffee Cup

This is by far the most funny yahoo answers page I've seen. The first answer starts off good, with the answer. But, an easy way to prove it would not be pouring water all over my counter after over flowing my coffee maker.

Best Answer: A measuring 'cup' may be 8 ounces, but the standard measure of a coffee cup is 4-6 ounces. Easy way to prove it is pour 96 ounces of water into a 12-cup coffee maker carafe; be prepared to clean the counter when it over flows since it was designed to only hold 72 ounces max.

And then... the next answer... my god. The original question was "How big is a cup of coffee?" StrobeLight Nick's brilliant yahoo answer is "Coffee has very little caffine. I prefer Monster if I really need a boost..." -- wtf are you talking about Nick? That quite literally, has nothing to do with the original question. Nick doesn't know how to spell caffeine to begin with, so I would disregard everything he says. Not to mention his name is StrobeLight Nick.

Coffee has very little caffine. I prefer Monster if I really need a boost. My cup of coffee would be the Big Gulp from 7/11

It depends on your... stature I suppose would be the word. I'm 5 ft and thin with 36c's... They look HUGE on me. My aunt has D's and is a little on the heavy side, and tall, and hers look average. I don't have a website for you, sorry, just giving my thoughts on the subject.

How big is the cup you're pouring it into? XD

2-4 oz. if it is espresso

• 6444

8 oz :P