How much working capital should a CLEC be generating?

I have a question for Yahoo Answers. I worked for a CLEC, named Globalcom, which was stationed here in Chicago. The CEO sold the company. The reason he stated for selling the company was that he simply lack the working capital to continue. He stated that you need roughly 100 million in yearly working capital to... show more I have a question for Yahoo Answers. I worked for a CLEC, named Globalcom, which was stationed here in Chicago. The CEO sold the company. The reason he stated for selling the company was that he simply lack the working capital to continue. He stated that you need roughly 100 million in yearly working capital to compete. In the telecommunications industry, given the new technologies of today and the giants such as AT&T, Paetec, would you agree that a CLEC would need that amount of yearly capital to continue?
Update: To further give more information, Globalcom sold T1's to small businesses in the Chicago land and suburbs, and nearby Wisconsin. They were acquired by larger CLEC that serves in Ohio, Mich, Penn, area, which sells legacy services.
1 answer 1