does manga count as a real book?

i need to know for sure because people say i can just count them, but teachers before said stuff so i dont know

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Hana
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I wish =P

But I think manga are more comic books than ordinary books. In my school were not allowed to read comic books for an assignment, so manga are out of the question as well.

But it would be nice if we were allowed to, because manga aren't like ordinary comic books. The plot is very sophisticated. There are manga with very difficult plots or beautiful stories. Just like an ordinary book. But since manga looks like a comic book, you should count it as a comic book and then your teachers are right, unfortunately T-T

Hope I helped~♥

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sadly most people would not consider manga as a real book genre because it is a graphic novel. Some teachers are lenient with this however and may allow you to use the manga for whatever you are planning. If they refuse consider reading a light novel version of the manga (if available) instead, because those are almost always considered a real book.

Source(s): Experience
  • 1 decade ago

My English teacher let me do a book report on volume 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm gonna say yes.

• 7 years ago

I know this was 3 years ago, but It has words and pages right? So why not? We still consider kids picture books as books right? Why not manga?=)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

my english teachers always say no, but to me if its got words and actually has a plot/storyline then it counts as a book. they're not that great for book reports in my opinion though ^^

• Timmy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

no they are (charitably ) graphic novel though they are just bog standard japanese comi books nothing special about them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.