does manga count as a real book?

i need to know for sure because people say i can just count them, but teachers before said stuff so i dont know

• Hana
    Favorite Answer

I wish =P

But I think manga are more comic books than ordinary books. In my school were not allowed to read comic books for an assignment, so manga are out of the question as well.

But it would be nice if we were allowed to, because manga aren't like ordinary comic books. The plot is very sophisticated. There are manga with very difficult plots or beautiful stories. Just like an ordinary book. But since manga looks like a comic book, you should count it as a comic book and then your teachers are right, unfortunately T-T

Hope I helped~♥

Sadly most people would not consider manga as a real book genre because it is a graphic novel. Some teachers are lenient with this however and may allow you to use the manga for whatever you are planning. If they refuse consider reading a light novel version of the manga (if available) instead, because those are almost always considered a real book.

Source(s): Experience

My English teacher let me do a book report on volume 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm gonna say yes.

I know this was 3 years ago, but It has words and pages right? So why not? We still consider kids picture books as books right? Why not manga?=)

my english teachers always say no, but to me if its got words and actually has a plot/storyline then it counts as a book. they're not that great for book reports in my opinion though ^^

• Timmy

no they are (charitably ) graphic novel though they are just bog standard japanese comi books nothing special about them