Why does Islam mean "peace" in the sense of submission to Allah, but Shalom means peace as in harmony and love?

The Muslim(arabic) word for peace (Islam) means complete submission to God - if you surrender, you will have peace! But the Jewish (hebrew) word for peace (shalom) means experiencing the blessing of God, community harmony, love, happiness, getting along with one another without strife or loss or pain. I... show more The Muslim(arabic) word for peace (Islam) means complete submission to God - if you surrender, you will have peace!

But the Jewish (hebrew) word for peace (shalom) means experiencing the blessing of God, community harmony, love, happiness, getting along with one another without strife or loss or pain.

I apologize for my limited understanding of both languages, but it seems like 2 strikingly different visions for what constitutes peace!