How to open Camera RAW (CR2) files in Photoshop CS3 and CS4? (Mac)?

I have a Canon 7D. I prefer to shoot in raw format, but the CR2 files cannot be opened by either Photoshop CS3 on my Mac in the office OR by Photoshop CS4 on my iMac at home. I have tried dowloading the Adobe DNG Coverter and Camera Raw 4.6 update (which is SUPPOSEDLY intended to work for CS3) and followed the... show more I have a Canon 7D. I prefer to shoot in raw format, but the CR2 files cannot be opened by either Photoshop CS3 on my Mac in the office OR by Photoshop CS4 on my iMac at home.

I have tried dowloading the Adobe DNG Coverter and Camera Raw 4.6 update (which is SUPPOSEDLY intended to work for CS3) and followed the instructions to replace the plug-in. STILL a no-go. CS3 STILL tells me "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."

What gives? Does anyone know of a way to get CR2 files to open in Photoshop CS3 or CS4? (A way that actually works?) Because Adobe's plug-in update doesn't seem to do it, and Canon's "fine-grain" editing controls for raw images is pretty lack-luster.

Thanks (in advance)!