what are some interesting facts and information about the Upper Gulf Of California (Mexico)?

Best Answer

Hola Pablo..We sailed from Mazatlan to Las Frailes , between La Paz and San Jose del Cabo. One thing that stands out in my mind is the wealth of sea life. On this particular sail we lost a line to a Bull Shark, all I saw was the dorsal fin changing direction and Bingo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and almost snapped to heavy duty rod.

A little further up we encountered a huge Walrus. He was doing a Backstroke and turned his head and seemed to be grinning at us.

I can`t tell you how many Dolphins I saw but I can tell you without a doubt that there is no shortage of them in the Sea of Cortes.

There is a place called Concepcion where we had to anchor and where we did there were 6 or 7 fisherman that had crudely built shacks but facilitated their objective...to catch fish and return to their city and families. As we were headed back my bud looked back and "Man! those guys are the salt of the earth"

We were in need of some 2 stroke oil for an outboard evenrude . To make a long story short they gave us the oil we needed and we gave them 6 PACK of beer. I don`t know who was happier us or them.

BTW always nice to get a BA from the asker! For your last question.

• puebla

thank you! that's somewhat cool. indexed under are 5 data for you... - the 1st baseball caps have been made up of straw. - Eggplants are not vegetables they`re somewhat end result. - A cat has 32 muscle mass in each ear. - A cockroach can stay numerous weeks with its head shrink off. - a company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so which you would be able to consume your plate. this is a megastar on your wonderful data. =)