Did they ever release a Pokemon game dealing with the Orange Island League?

OK I was thinking and I remembered that each Pokemon anime series followed the same route as the games as far as getting the badges, but I wanted to know if they ever released a Pokemon game that dealt with Ash's adventures in the Orange Islands, if they did what is the name of the game?, and if they didn't why didn't they?

Favorite Answer

No, there was never a specific game dealing with the Orange Island series. That whole story arc was kind of a throwaway thing, anyway, and it was only really made because there was some extra time between the completion of the Indigo League and the release of G/S.

The Orange League really is sort of useless. The story arc never was finished. The great mysterious GS Ball around which that entire season was based was only half heartedly brought into the next season. In fact, the GS Ball that everyone was so excitedly talking about for 30-40 episodes was simply dropped off by Ash and never heard from again. (The writers had no idea what to do with it, and they were hoping fans would forget about it.) The only thing that survived the series was the idea of double battles, which would go on to become an interesting addition to the Pokemon games.

The closest thing to the Orange Islands in the games is in Firered and Leafgreen. There are seven islands to explore located in the ocean to the south, and it's generally understood that these were inspired by the Orange Islands.

This all being said, the Orange Islands are still somewhat fun to watch, as they were created before the Pokemon anime series completely degenerated into the pathetically formulaic slop that it is today.

• fred4 years agoReport

catch all the pokemon, defeat all the gym leaders, get all the badges, defeat the elite four and champion... i agree; the orange islands storyline was the last of what I consider the REAL series... ending in the pokemon 2000 movie.

Pokemon Orange Islands

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

OK I was thinking and I remembered that each Pokemon anime series followed the same route as the games as far as getting the badges, but I wanted to know if they ever released a Pokemon game that dealt with Ash's adventures in the Orange Islands, if they did what is the name of the game?, and...

Source(s): release pokemon game dealing orange island league: https://biturl.im/Ly5vx
  • Erika

Orange Pokemon

no official games have the orange islands but the romhacks pokemon orange/naranja (unfinished) and liquid feature it.

the sevii island in firered/leafgreen are slightly based off the orange islands.

honestly, I actually like the orange islands, I always felt it could work if you're given surf really early and a plethora of water pokemon to pick. I wouldn't mind gamefreak putting it in after game or having a standalone game, but it won't happen.

I have this Gameboy cartridge... It isn't one of the main cartridges, like Blue, Yellow, Green, or Saphire, Emerald or Ruby. Neither White or Black, or Gold or Silver. It's Orange. But the title of it is "Pokemon Naranja", and it takes place on the Orange Isles. The dialogue is borderline adult... No idea what it is; I only played it once, and it was so glitchy that I couldn't play it for long before I gave up. Now I don't know where it is.

• Wolverine6 years agoReport

Your an idiot he's not talking about ROM's he talkin about real games.

I don't think so