Where does Jesus say he doesn't want us ot have happiness, but to spread his word?

i was reading the Bible, and i came across a verse that said Jesus doesn't want us to have happiness, but to spread his word, and in doing this we will find happiness.. i cannot seem to find this verse again! i am reading in Matthew right now and when i found tat verse so i think it is in Matthew, but i could... show more i was reading the Bible, and i came across a verse that said Jesus doesn't want us to have happiness, but to spread his word, and in doing this we will find happiness.. i cannot seem to find this verse again! i am reading in Matthew right now and when i found tat verse so i think it is in Matthew, but i could have gone somewhere else in the Bible just for the day. it would be really helpful if you could find it, because a have a speech/testimony thing to do and i would like to involve this scripture...

thanks you! (p.s....i dont want to hear about how the bible is stupid and i shouldnt listen to it, keep your thoughts about that to yourself please, i am just asking for some help on what I believe...i dont want this to be a christian/other religion debate)
6 answers 6