Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

where does Jesus say he doesn't want us ot have happiness, but to spread his word?

i was reading the Bible, and i came across a verse that said Jesus doesn't want us to have happiness, but to spread his word, and in doing this we will find happiness.. i cannot seem to find this verse again! i am reading in Matthew right now and when i found tat verse so i think it is in Matthew, but i could have gone somewhere else in the Bible just for the day. it would be really helpful if you could find it, because a have a speech/testimony thing to do and i would like to involve this scripture...

thanks you! (p.s....i dont want to hear about how the bible is stupid and i shouldnt listen to it, keep your thoughts about that to yourself please, i am just asking for some help on what I believe...i dont want this to be a christian/other religion debate)

Favorite Answer

Must have been the Mormon bible or JW Bible.

Sad to see such a temper tantrum over hearing the Bible verses.

You said you were reading it but there is no such verse that you mentioned.

I think you were dreaming.

Source(s): Camille Christian

Jesus does want you to experience joy and happiness here on earth - John 10:10: "I have come that they [His sheep, Christians] may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." He desires that you have abundance in every area of your life - physically, spritually, emotionally, financially and even that you are blessed materially. The bible also says that we have the fruits of the Spirit - “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22) If you have asked Jesus into your heart and made him your savior the Holy Spirit comes into your heart and you will start seeing the above fruits. Psalm 68:3 But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. Neh 8:10b For the joy of the Lord is your strength - and he has great joy so should yours be. First and foremost God is love - he is nothing but love - he cannot do anything that is bad and can only do good. It is not by our works that we are justified and you do not have to do anything to please God or make him happy with you - he loves you just the way you are - However, he is the only way to enter Heaven - For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever shall believeth on him shall not perish, but have eternal life John 3:16 - The bible says that our righteousness (how good we are) is as filthy rags - nothing we can do can earn us a way into heaven - it is only by accepting Jesus into our hearts, repenting of our sins and turning from them and asking him to be the Lord of our lives that we can attain this. The bible says that Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. When Jesus died on the cross - all our sins were taken care of - everybodies - no matter what - forever - meaning every sin that we commit as long as we live will be forgiven - all we have to do is ask God to forgive us when we sin and he is faithful and just to do so. God desires that no man should perish, but that all would spend eternity in heaven - we just need to make that step towards him and ask him into our lives - Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me. My heart's cry is that if you or anyone has not done this to do this because the bible says that no man knows his time and that anything could happen at anytime and we unfortunately do not get second chances - once we are dead there is no going back and trying to ask again - it is too late and the only other choice other than Heaven is Hell. Revelation 20:12, 15, And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life...And whosoever was not found written in the book of life (having asked Jesus into his heart) was cast into the lake of fire (Hell).

Source(s): BIble
  • Moi

Sorry! The word happiness doesn't occur in the KJV.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationR...

Jesus wants us to be blessed by God. Happiness is a temporary condition based upon fleeting circumstances.

Jesus doesn't want you to SEEK happiness, He wants you to trust the Lord from what you need....and keep your eye on Him

Sorry, he said he wants us to have his joy. :)

Joh 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Someone is telling you whoppers